1/4 Mile again... this time with video

Sleeka_89

I thought i'd take the celica down for another run last night, see if i can get my 12 second pass. It didnt happen though... :(
Best time was 13.08 at 110mph with a 2.197 60 foot time. The track wasnt prepped the best but that was mainly because 2 cars spilled fluids everywhere that night. I'm gonna go down this sunday because theres a big comp on and hopefully i can get more traction with a better prepped track. Anywho hes some footage of the run :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-ypfitbfYE

Sleeka_89

hahaha yeah its not so much the tyres (there only kumo estas 215/45 r17 though) but its the open diff gearbox that kills me. Every now and then during a burnout it will spin two but it will always only do a single pegger launch :x
Normally on the drag strip i try to launch at 3500rpm but feather it a little bit so it doesnt bog down. It normally gets off the mark pretty well but its when i snap second gear that it hurts my time. I smash it abit too hard and it just spins, if i was more gentle i might of done abit better. Oh well thats what this saturday is for, the track is gonna be prepped for 9 second cars so it should be sticky :D
The main reason i'm not running slicks (even though i've got a spare set of rims in the garage) is theres a magazine here called HPI that lists the top 10 street driven FWD, RWD and AWD cars in Australia and i want to get a high twelve so my car can be apart of that FWD title but slicks arent allowed. Only if MR2 gearboxes werent so expensive :cry:

Sleeka_89

vip09":3f3ond5c said:
what are the specs on your car?
ST162 with 2nd gen 3SGTE, 3inch dump and mandral exhaust with hks cannon and hiflow cat, ebay manifold, mircotech lt8s (tune still in the low 10 afr :( ), ct20b turbo at 17psi, 600X330X100mm cooler with custom piping, pod filter with 3inch intake, blitz bov. So its just bolt on stuff, the motor, head, injectors, and h/g is all stock (also got a walbro fuel pump)

Mafix

so like 2.2 lbs more boost than me, second gen to my first, and EMS...time to hit the dyno for me...i really should be a mid 13...gota hit the trac too. awesome info though.

Sleeka_89

Mafix":1h6suq25 said:
so like 2.2 lbs more boost than me, second gen to my first, and EMS...time to hit the dyno for me...i really should be a mid 13...gota hit the trac too. awesome info though.
yeah i would think mid to low 13, depending on the launch. When i used to have the ct26 i was running 15psi, everything else was the same and i did a 13.3
are you running a lsd mr2 box or a camry box?

Sleeka_89

SeanGTS":2ew8d7fu said:
Why the burnout with the street tires?
If you just drive through, the water stays on your tyre and it makes a big difference with the launch, especailly with a gearbox like mine. I try and do a burnout just after the water to make sure i've got rid of it all (and it looks cool aswell :D )
Yeah my ratios are pretty much spot on i reckon, im peaking 4th gear over the finish line, but lsd would help me out, but i cant see me doing the swap purely because its too expensive.
From memory i thought these weighed in at 1250kg tare, i think...

Sleeka_89

sean checked out those vids, pretty good, always like watching celicas race. So you and a mate both have halftracs?? That would be constant runs everywhere you 2 go:D