100 dollars

88alltracohio

I have 100 dollar gift card to amazon and I dont have anything to spend it on but my car. I'm saving up to get my car painted. I already have an intake, and know the exhaust I want. So, what would you buy for a pretty much stock intake if you had $100.

Thanks,
James

oh, and I was going to rebuild the turbo, get a bov, turbo timer and boost controller all at the same time, but should just get a turbo timer now with the money and just use the rest for a shift knob?

One more more question... should I get a manual boost controller or is it worth it to get an electronic?

Thanks and sorry for writing a book.

Qlynxer

I would go with the MBC. Cheap and very effective. Have you thought about a short shifter, that's also a great mod for a little over a hundred bucks. I personally dont feel that it's necessary to get a EBC, I dont think the ability to ajdust boost in cabin justifies the huge bump in cost. Extra features and pretty displays are nice but i just need somthing to hold my boost at a set level, that all.

Quan L

d1alltrac

don't waste your money on a turbo timer, its not necessary. You can easily just time it down yourself and buy one later on when you have more money to spend.

I would go with something that would do more if you just want to buy one thing. manual boost controller is a good choice, or short shifter.

toayoztan

+1, short shifter and/or mbc are your good options at the moment.

I agree with the turbo timer being a waste to an extent, but...

If you have a turbo timer, it allows you to lock the car (manually or via alarm) and walk off. I hated waiting around for my car. Yeah it's only a couple minutes, but when we're tlaking about being pressed for time with school, work, etc, it sucks. I was a procrastinator though with my time :D So in any case, i received the turbo timer as part of a xmas gift haha, and man did i love it. But others don't feel as excited with turbo timers, it's a personal preference to your lifestyle really.

Bryan

88alltracohio

thanks, they dont have a short throw for the all trac, but they have 3 for the mr2, would this work, or the trans is diff b/c its in front of the engine right?
is there any other car that has the same trans?

thanks,
james

Gary

TWM makes short shifters for ST165.
MR2 shifter will not fit. It has different shifter design.

jotarokun

Hi there -
I am actually selling an Electronic Boost Controller... if you do want to consider it, let me know. Otherwise, I have a shift knob for sale - check out my threads:

shift knob:
http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php ... highlight=

EBC
http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php ... highlight=

Willing to negotiate on both... just would rather sell them to a board member.

+1 on the TWM short throw. Mention you're from the alltrac board, and they might give you a 10% discount. Otherwise, I think they may have a student discount going as well.

And Bryan, I'm with you all the way about the turbo timer. :smokes:

maxaud

my turbo timer is also a boost guage which always comes in handy. I also like to have people say...

"hey, why did you leave your car running?"

gt4tified

maxaud...isn't that funny? I get that all the time...spent my first year of owning my gt4 explaining that to all my family whenever I visited them.

Anyway....if you're still on the stock intake, I'd say go with a K&N cone intake.

Gary

theUNYTEDone":2gpaicsu said:
If you have a turbo timer, it allows you to lock the car (manually or via alarm) and walk off.

wtf, i can't lock my car until the timer finally shuts off... :x

Do you have a remote?
You cannot lock the car using the door lock/unlock switch while the engine is running.
But you can do that with a remote.

gt4tified

Gary":2p6k3chz said:
theUNYTEDone":2p6k3chz said:
If you have a turbo timer, it allows you to lock the car (manually or via alarm) and walk off.

Do you have a remote?
You cannot lock the car using the door lock/unlock switch while the engine is running.

I don't know how but I can do it with mine! Yaaaaay! :roll:

Gary

gt4tified":1lgs6qwg said:
Gary":1lgs6qwg said:
theUNYTEDone":1lgs6qwg said:

Do you have a remote?

I don't know how but I can do it with mine! Yaaaaay! :roll:
With the door open and engine is running?