Advantages on supra turbo ct26 over alltrac ct26?

smog7

Is the supra turbo ct26 any better then the stock one in the alltrac? would it be wiser to just rebuild the one in the alltrac or look for a supra one? can the supra turbo be simply bolted in without any other modifications?

grip addict

it will bolt up to a 165 manifold, but not a 185 manifold. it has a larger exhaust housing and wheel, so it'll make more power, and not choke off as fast as the alltrac/mr2 ct26
if you're lookin for a small turby upgrade while still staying on stock fuel, i think this is a good go.

smog7

so i wont be able to use the stock manifold on my st185??? will i have to buy an aftermarket one to make it fit??

jlspec

If you have a 185 then just get your ct26 upgrade as the twin entry manifold is better then the ones found on the St165 and MA70 supras.

5speedGT4

Honestly, the butt dyno hardly noticed any changes in power with the supra ct26 on a stock 165 at 15psi vs the stock ct26 at 15psi. Spool up was slightly better, and it didnt fall off as soon. Hardly worth it though.... get a CT27 upgrade...

toayoztan

It will bolt up to the manifold, but the exhaust gas will leave as twin entry, and enter the turbo as single entry, if that makes sense. I think that's what mr_wot is saying.

Bryan

jlspec

Getting it rebuilt and upgraded should be around $500 which is not to bad. Just sell a couple of your video games and stop eating fast food. There you go.

gt4tified

syko says":3qtfz9hc said:
i think Gary meant like, 'be patient young padawan"

For real....Gary's so modest! :oops:

If I had to spend $500 to do a rebuild, I'd do like Gary and wait for a low mileage ct20b to hit the mr2/celica forums....that's what I'm doing right now but I keep spending all my money on useless parts like clutches, springs, bushings etc :D

gt4tified

Oh sorry. The ct20b is the turbo from the ST205alltrac and 94-99 SW20mr2. I don't have the details on it...someone else can help with that, but its a direct bolt-on for the 185alltrac as it is also twin-entry, it spools faster than the ct26 and is capable of plenty more HP (they are efficient in excess of 20psi)!

smog7

so a low mileage ct20b is pretty much exactly what im looking for then? around how much do they usually run?