downpipe

toayoztan

88alltracohio":330dvtl5 said:
ATs use the same downpipes as MR2 Turbos right?

Yes and no.

The mr2 is about 1 inch shorter than the alltrac. However, I believe you can use the mr2 on the alltrac, but you can't use the alltrac on the mr2. It may be vice versa. I honestly forget. Hopefully someone will chime in!

Bryan

theUNYTEDone

i believe you're about right, bryan.
iirc, there were pictures somewhere comparing the two...
that leads me to this question:

regardless of which is longer, how can DPs such as aussie and SSAC both fit on the MR2/Four? won't there be mating issues between the DP and the rest of the exhaust?

Denver_whiteST185

i heard about the difference in MR2 and alltrac downpipes, but i think they're reversible because of the flex section. i dont think that aussie and KO makes their downpipes any differently per car

toayoztan

ss...ss autochrome? They are all the same size. The thing is, since the alltrac is longer, I believe we can't use the mr2 b/c it may cause the MP to come up too high and hit the oil pan. I could be totally off...but just to answer the general question, the aftermarket companies that make dp's for our cars will work for both mr2 and alltrac with no issues.

Bryan

d1alltrac

since no one has mentioned it yet.

If your 165 still has the stock turbo a 185/MR2 DP will NOT fit. The single entry 165 turbo is 4 bolt and 185/MR2 DP's are for the 6 bolt twin entry turbo.

Gary

88alltracohio":2egohrga said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33630&viewitem=&item=250037230777

so, this doesnt work, it claims it fits st165, st185, and sw20
They can claim whatever they want. :roll:
On the stock turbo, ST165 and ST185 downpipe are not interchangable.

Denver_whiteST185

If you plan on keeping your turbo, get an aussie for a 165. if you plan on swapping it to ST185 turbo or a CT20b, then wait, and get an aussie pipe when you get the turbo...

Don't get SSAC. its not worth saving the $100. ive heard of them not fitting, cracking, making the wastgate flapper stick. if you ever have to buy another SSAC, then you'll be spending almost enough to have justified buying the aussie in the first place.

BTW, http://www.185performance.com has aussie's in stock...

gt4tified

Denver_whiteST185":17ohcg3r said:
If you plan on keeping your turbo, get an aussie for a 165. if you plan on swapping it to ST185 turbo or a CT20b, then wait, and get an aussie pipe when you get the turbo...

Don't get SSAC. its not worth saving the $100. ive heard of them not fitting, cracking, making the wastgate flapper stick. if you ever have to buy another SSAC, then you'll be spending almost enough to have justified buying the aussie in the first place.

BTW, http://www.185performance.com has aussie's in stock...

Denver_whiteST185, I don't think its fair that you flame a manufacturer's product based on what you heard. If you personally know of a product defecting that's fine but unless you've tried and tested stuff, I see your post as discouraging sales without due cause.

I really appreciate the flames, don't get me wrong (as I am right now deciding on buying an SSAC dp) but I'd rather get discouraged by 1st hand experience. Thanks.

toayoztan

With my first hand experience, they are great. No cracking issues thus far. The only problem i did have was the WG flapper. It wasn't that it was getting stuck, but it kept hitting against the flange/gasket. So i had to dremmel it down slightly, but now it works just perfectly fine. It was only causing me a slight slight slight boost creep though (probably not enough to matter for some).

Otherwise, they aren't 100 dollars less than Aussie. Try more about 200-250 dollars less than Aussie. You can find them on ebay now for 75+ shipping, and it's also SS for those that care.

Hey, it's a good upgrade for me. I plan on bigger power in the future and getting an Aussie would be a waste for me. Especially since this XSPower is still holding up just fine. And if it cracks, I can buy 3 more of these downpipes before even hitting the Aussie mark in costs. And i personally don't mind doing the work to changing them out. I say if you are on a budget and want a downpipe, go for it. If you can afford the Aussie and know you aren't going to change turbos, then go for Aussie (I personally still wouldn't even if i was going to keep the turbo though).

Bryan