17x9" Sportmax 050 wheels ....

turbo4wd

CMS-GT4":2r9s5bz7 said:
But are you HAs or SS? I have very little movement with the HAs on a stiff setting. I think I am going to rig up an intake saturday cause its killing me not to try out the car.

I have SS, but my height setting is also higher than yours.. You're about an inch lower than I am.. And you should have some give in the rears. You don't want the rears to be rock solid with no give.

And with mine, I only experience it on large / sudden dips, not something gradual.

CMS-GT4

The wheels are now discontinued. You might find them overstocked or used.

I just drove it around the lot cause I had to move it out of my way. The fronts slightly rub the fender plastic at full lock. Only on the rear section. I may need to make a few adjustments.

CMS-GT4

Just took it for a quick run to the gas station. Didn't want to push it too much due to the code 54. I am only getting a little rub turning right at full lock. Other than that it seems pretty smooth.

I need to adjust my right front. It is higher than the rest of the car. This may be my solution to the rubbing problem.

CMS-GT4

Took another quick pic this morning.

img3751lv2.jpg

CMS-GT4

I was very surprised how easy the car is to drive with that much rubber. I can see how the power steering dampens the feel of the car. There is almost no resistance. I went on another short trip and even in small parking areas the tires did not add any more effort than I remember.

CMS-GT4

This might explain why only one wheel has some rub on the under plastic.

furpo":w88snxyq said:
the caster from one side to the other is about 15mm different. this is non adjustable and within factory specs. this causes one wheel to sit in a different position relative to the wheel arch than the other.

roger

gts35551

turbo4wd":1ol7uj2v said:
umm what happened steven?

understeer into a stone wall, at gmr....

CMS-GT4":1ol7uj2v said:
Thats horrible. I hope you can fin an extra wheel. If I see any on ebay I will send them your way.

hey, thanks so much man. is it really possible to find this wheel somewhere?

CMS-GT4

Just hunting on ebay. I think gtfour77 is selling his set. I thought about trying to find an extra somewhere for just that reason.

gtfour77

Hmmm... I am still considering selling my wheels....any offers?? Josh you want 2 of them for spares? I might be willing to split the set up for the two of you... :D

gtfour77

Whenever you decide....I think in the mean time I will run the sportmax in the rear with the 275's and then use the new fn01rs's on the front with 315's...it'll be an interesting look... Although I am sure the celi won;t be ready for autocross after he holidays... :doh: Also Josh, I will have a set of nice H&R 15mm spacers for sale once the wheel fitment is confirmed....and also 25mm 5x100 spacers as I will need to go to an adapter from 5x100 to 5x114.3 in the rear.... All these things will be going on ebay after a while...

gts35551

gtfour77":1zaejlbi said:
Hmmm... I am still considering selling my wheels....any offers?? Josh you want 2 of them for spares? I might be willing to split the set up for the two of you... :D

aww wow, thanks gtfour, what a great offer. name any reasonable price to get it to the socal area, 91709.....

ill consider taking the pair if you don't split them.....

CMS-GT4

I will need to go to a 5x114 adapter in the rear myself when the time comes. Already have a 25mm in the rear.

I am not going to do the hub change for a while though. I have too much going on for the next bit.

Going to canada, malaysia, doing an art show, opening up a new store, finishing a web project for a client and fixing that damn code 54. I should be busy for the next bit and extra car projects other than making it run right go on the back burner.