st205 into st185 swap faq/ and parts compatibility

CMS-GT4

Just fixed code 54. Going to wire up the intercooler pump in the morning. My new tires will be here monday so I will do a before and after set of pics this week. All I have left that I am waiting on is making my straight intake then I can drive the car further than 50ft.

CMS-GT4

Here is an engine bay pic.

As soon as I get my intake made, I am going to tear up the streets... unless I can't stand the wait and make something for temporary use.

img3747uf7.jpg

Gary

CMS-GT4":2u6yomlk said:

As soon as I get my intake made, I am going to tear up the streets... unless I can't stand the wait and make something for temporary use.

Make sure use a good silicone coupler this time! :lol:

CMS-GT4

illGT4":1ixyc0gr said:
No heat shield on the exhaust manifold?

After I wrap my downpipe and put the bracket on.

Gary":1ixyc0gr said:
CMS-GT4":1ixyc0gr said:

Make sure use a good silicone coupler this time! :lol:

Done and Done.

CMS-GT4

So I rigged up an intake solution this morning. I just noticed a new problem. When I hit the gas, I get a check engine light. This was not happening last week.

When I turn off the car, and turn i back on the light goes away. Can I put the car into diagnostics mode while running? Or should I just turn the key to acc. instead of off to do a check?

CMS-GT4

Drove it to the gas station to put some good gas into it. Still have the code 54 while driving. I think once that is gone, I can really see what it can do.

illGT4

CMS-GT4":vzs4my9p said:
Drove it to the gas station to put some good gas into it. Still have the code 54 while driving. I think once that is gone, I can really see what it can do.

It's just the absence of the IC ECU. I'll dig up a fix for you.

It will have very little affect on performance if at all. Flog her.

at3619

CMS-GT4":ak0sdz8j said:
It's just the absence of the IC ECU.
There is no wta ic ecu on the st205. It is integrated into the engine ecu. code 54 is an intercooler system malfunction. The st205 ic pump is boost activated and it is seeing the absense of the actual 205 pump and circuit, so it trips the code. Does not have any effect on performance. mine is wired correctly, but a friends gt-four conversion has the code due tothe preveous owner wiring the pump to run all the time. suggest trying to find a sw20 ecu if the light really bothers you... But you lose 10hp

scothaniel

I noticed a HUGE difference in performance during the code 54 error. The ecu goes into limp mode and retards timing. Once code 54 was fixed, the car felt completely different.

at3619

scothaniel":3i84fp64 said:
I noticed a HUGE difference in performance during the code 54 error. The ecu goes into limp mode and retards timing. Once code 54 was fixed, the car felt completely different.
then tell me why my car runs a 13.7 with a stock ic wiring setup and my buddy's runs a 13.3 with the same mods and the pump wired to run constant....