Centreforce Clutches sponsored ST185 (12.4s 1/4 mile)

emicen

Was just browsing through some of my old car videos I have burnt on a CD and came across the video of this celica running a 12.4s quarter.

I remember having an article on it somewhere from a tuning mag and it had a full custom cage and whatnot. Researching the centreforce website it shows the car to have a fully forged shortblock and T3/T04E turbo and aftermarket cams to help breathing.

Isnt that 1/4 time really rather weak (not going to go all out and say "shit") for a car with that kind of spec? :shrug: There are guys running ST205's in the UK with little more than BPU upgrades running 12.8's.

Anyone got more info about the car?

GMan

> emicen
> Location: Glasgow, Scotland
> Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:43 am
> Post subject: Centreforce Clutches sponsored ST185 (12.4s 1/4 mile)
> I remember having an article on it somewhere from a tuning mag and it had a
> full custom cage and whatnot.
> Anyone got more info about the car?

Already discussed Here.

http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17512&start=0

IMHO; it is Not a "Real" Drag car ?
It is more for advertisement ?
Full interior, radio amps...

The Full awd swap 7th gen Ultimate Celica/Millen/2000 Celica,
which supposedly had "500hp" did not do too well in the 1/4 either.
(it has a Centerforce Clutch :)

Fensport is Way Beyond That project. :D

Regards;

CSAlltrac

That vid is from forever ago.Brians car should be alot faster with this rebuild,But the other day we were cruising it and we tryed to launch for the first time with the new motor,on the aem launch control and only at about 3500 rpm dont know how much psi.Anyway lets just say the tranny didnt like it at all its gonna be down for awhile.We pulled the tranny out on sat. at the centerforce shop,rear diff is ok,transfer case is ok,but i canot say the same for the front diff,it just makes a horrible grinding noise when you turn the input shaft, i was gonna take pics but didnt get around to it sorry guys. :shrug: