FAST

Gurr

I wouldn't really call that bastardizing a car... It just takes a lot of money and people don't want to dump that kind of money into a car they would rather enjoy on the weekends than only down the drag strip.

Mr. Sociable

Gurr":19dta129 said:
I wouldn't really call that bastardizing a car... It just takes a lot of money and people don't want to dump that kind of money into a car they would rather enjoy on the weekends than only down the drag strip.

He drives it on the street.

It still has a full interior even. :twisted:

TomsGT4

turbocelica":o19f9bpt said:
hes located locally to me that car is amazing

Yeah, not much comes close to that. Not even crotch rockets.

Why not with an Alltrac?
I'd love to have the time & money to do that. No hacking though :nono:
I have seen nothing to suggest that our block & heads can't sustain that kind of power. Heck I haven't even heard anyone blowing up their trannies.

Time and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

db

Mr. Sociable":oyaainke said:
He drives it on the street.

You sure about that? It runs on methanol, which last time I heard, wasn't anything near street legal.

fhalperformance

i believe the block can take 1000 hp before it needs sleeves or so ive read. the drivetrain is stout but no aftermarket parts short of a clutch and flywheel. what sheptranny is charging for there dsm dog box is alot cheaper then what we would have to pay for custom parts. they quoted me 6500 for there dog box fully assembled in brand new oem case ready to go in a car with front LSD and 4 gear spider in the center diff to maintain some driveability. i was quoted 6500 for just a straightcut dog gear set with final drive and shifter forks for the alltrac and i wouldve had to buy 6. thats what you get when you drive a rare car.

emicen

Power limits on the stock block:
Fensport, Toyauto Centre and Hutch (some guys from the UK GT4 scene) have cracked numerous blocks at around the 650-700 hp level. To have run the times he has Pat Chinshue must be running the same power or higher but so little is known about his cars engine build that its hard to comment. Does he still post on here?

Transmission limits:
Fensport now sell a straight cut gearset as they managed to keep killing 2nd gear (I think) and the front diff is a fairly major weak point.

Personally I wouldnt dump that much in to making a car only really suited to hammering in a straight line. The new Fensport gen7 GT4 seems like the logical conclusion of what can be done. Full interior (ish), 10sec quarters, more than capable on track.

edv-tek

you need damn near 1800 WHP to run a 7.70 1/4 mi with a 3400 lb driver/car or 1600 WHP ina 3000lb car with car/driver......

SuperWhite92

emicen":bym65j11 said:
To have run the times he has Pat Chinshue must be running the same power or higher but so little is known about his cars engine build that its hard to comment. Does he still post on here?

There's a few people around these boards that get the updates on what Pat does. He still posts here, but it isn't near regularly. The thing is that Pat and the rest of Cloak and Dagger Racing like to keep everything on the downlow, so the builds aren't exactly public, but there really isn't anything particularly magical about them. They're just builds devoid of hype is all. Quality parts and nothing unneccesary, like sleeves. Although the block he uses isn't even a 3S block.

The last public number from Pat's car was during NA2005, where Pat had a dyno sheet that showed 688 awhp. And the car wasn't running 100% at that point, either. Now there's even more power. Pictures of a lot of his setup is in the club gallery, if you're interested.

emicen

SuperWhite92":23t0evsg said:
There's a few people around these boards that get the updates on what Pat does. He still posts here, but it isn't near regularly. The thing is that Pat and the rest of Cloak and Dagger Racing like to keep everything on the downlow, so the builds aren't exactly public, but there really isn't anything particularly magical about them. They're just builds devoid of hype is all. Quality parts and nothing unneccesary, like sleeves. Although the block he uses isn't even a 3S block.

The last public number from Pat's car was during NA2005, where Pat had a dyno sheet that showed 688 awhp. And the car wasn't running 100% at that point, either. Now there's even more power. Pictures of a lot of his setup is in the club gallery, if you're interested.

Does that mean the sleeves are some of the quality parts he runs or they are unnecessary?

Does that mean he runs a 503e block? Was my understanding you couldnt run a 5S block in an alltrac because of the bellhousing area not having space for the transfer?

I've seen some pics of his set up and a translation of some stuff printed in a Greek tuning mag about the car. Dont know how up to date the information or pictures are though. Are the pics on here in other peoples galleries or does he have one himself?

SuperWhite92

emicen":2i58lbrc said:
SuperWhite92":2i58lbrc said:

Does that mean the sleeves are some of the quality parts he runs or they are unnecessary?

Does that mean he runs a 503e block? Was my understanding you couldnt run a 5S block in an alltrac because of the bellhousing area not having space for the transfer?

I've seen some pics of his set up and a translation of some stuff printed in a Greek tuning mag about the car. Dont know how up to date the information or pictures are though. Are the pics on here in other peoples galleries or does he have one himself?

From what I understand, Pat never had a whole lot of luck with sleeves. This modern 5S block he uses has been a lot more reliable.

http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php ... loakndagga

emicen

Interesting, what was the modern 5S fitted to stateside?

The guys in the UK looking at these found they were unsuitable but I dont know of many cars we got the 5S in, infact, I can only think of Camrys and theyre pretty much rarer than GT4's over here.

WarTowels

5s-fe? Comes in the Celica GT and GT-S trims... and some camrys too. Or are you talknig about something else...

SuperWhite92

emicen":nfionpa8 said:
Interesting, what was the modern 5S fitted to stateside?

The guys in the UK looking at these found they were unsuitable but I dont know of many cars we got the 5S in, infact, I can only think of Camrys and theyre pretty much rarer than GT4's over here.

Yup. Very recent camry's. They have a thicker casting around the oil pump area, not to mention a higher flowing oil pump in general than the 3S blocks.

emicen

Do they require hacking at the block to mate with the awd tranny? This was the issue that kept being raised with regards to fitting them to a GT4.