What would YOU do?

What would YOU do?

• Drive it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Park it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GT4RC

Bought the car last February. Waited 8 months for her to turn 15 and be legal age. Got jerked around by shops and insurance agents for 3 months.

Found a shop and an insurance agent last week that has a clue about inspections and the importing process. (turns out I had all the proper documentation needed in the first place to get her on the road.) Today my VIN plate arrived from the government and I just dropped my baby off to finally become legally roadworthy.

So when I go to have it registered, do you think I should insure and drive it for the remainging winter months? Or should I return the RC to it's resting place until spring, after all the gravel on the roads has been cleaned up, and drive the GTS until that time?

What would YOU do?

maxaud

I'd park it but if it were me it'd be hard not to drive it. I take mine out every once in a while.

GT4RC

it's hard enough seeing this thing in the driveway every morning, out of fun's reach....

I planned on selling the GTS come spring time, and getting the RC rustproofed, along with a cutpolish and 3m protective finish on most of the car. and next winter I'd buy a truck and park it each winter...

another option i have is to make the car a play-only vehicle, with collector plates on it (15 years old and limited edition car, so it just barely meets requirements). this option requires that i have another car insured year-round, and i cannot daily-drive it, but it makes it so the car cannot be written off. ever. I would go about this route but the GTS is losing it's reliability, and i could use the money right now...

any advice?

geees300

mind if i ask if your RC is the Carlos Sainz Limited Edition? I'm looking @ a CS Limited Edition right now from Japan but it has an auction grade A - apparently it was in an accident and the cross member have been replaced and would cost me $5500.00 landed in Vancouver. Do you think it's worth buying?
thanks,
geees

toayoztan

I'd buy it. I don't know your financial situation though, but it looks as if you don't have much to "play around with." Meaning, right now, if I bought a vehicle, it was with the intent to drive it. I don't have much money right now to buy another car and save it :( , especially and RC!

Besides, like the others say, it's meant to be driven. If there isn't rust on her right now, just keep it maintained and well washed and you shouldn't have rust issues.

Enjoy it!

Bryan

GT4RC

Yes it is an RC.
I paid between $6500-$7000CDN and it is the lowest price I have seen yet. There have been many many others through the supplier I used and have been as high priced $10,500CDN.

So I guess if you can grab one for $5500CDN then shit yeah, grab it.

make sure you find a shop in town that knows what needs to be done with regards to inspections... I've heard there are several dealerships in alberta that sell only JDM imports, maybe see if they can process all your inspections/registration.

geees300

GT4RC said:
Yes it is an RC.
I paid between $6500-$7000CDN and it is the lowest price I have seen yet. There have been many many others through the supplier I used and have been as high priced $10,500CDN.

do you have the actual Limited Edition plaque that gives you the series no. of your car out of the 5000 built? Also, who was your supplier maybe I can connect with them?
thanks,
geees

maxaud

geees300":3075yzn8 said:
GT4RC":3075yzn8 said:
Yes it is an RC.

do you have the actual Limited Edition plaque that gives you the series no. of your car out of the 5000 built? Also, who was your supplier maybe I can connect with them?
thanks,
geees

so you know, there were 5000 st185h's made and they were badged Group A/RC/Carlos Sainz, the CS limited edition that you refer to was released in places other then Japan (austrailia)

Fastrac

I wouldn't totally park it for winter. I like to take mine out at least once a week or so, but with all the snow and cold around here, it's lucky to get to go around the block. You wouldn't think that there could be too much snow to take an AllTrac out in.

GT4RC

I wouldn't totally park it for winter. I like to take mine out at least once a week or so, but with all the snow and cold around here, it's lucky to get to go around the block. You wouldn't think that there could be too much snow to take an AllTrac out in.

well, I guess my problem in that instance would be a lack of 2 sets of tires worthy of winter driving... its gotta be all or nothing.... summer tires on snow isnt so fun, I may be able to get moving faster than everyone else, but stopping..... not so much.

killer_siller

drive...as in DRIVE a gt-four...i didn't know you could do that, i thought they were supposed to sit in a garage. well then:

pull the thing into a garage, pull the drivetrain, rip half the interior out, put the engine on a stand, spread a little of the fluids all over the place, grab a beer, stare at it for six months, and sigh.

nah man, i think getting your collector plates would be your best option. if you intend on getting a truck anyway, then go for it. get your truck. if you can't get your truck now, then don't drive the gt-four yet. look at the long run, and the big picture. the peace of mind in the future offsets the "here and now"

GT4RC

this is torture!

Damn thing has been taunting me from my driveway as I walk past it every morning and every night since october! It should be ready for registration today!

GT4RC

okay, so I said fuck it!

I insured the GT4 as well as the GTS. It feels great. I've driven it so much tonight that I've burned off a whole tank of gas :D

Even took it to a big open parking lot and did some drifting/donuts. Sorry Simba, no pics :p

I'm so happy I'm giddy right now :p