GT4-Costa Rica

GT4_CR

Ok guys finally I learned how to upload pics and why not share to you my little cost effective project, which I hope its gonna have pretty good Horsepower numbers this weekend when Im taking it to a Dyno trip to setup the mods.

ST165 1988 GT4
Stock internals.
Stock head. I just dont know which generation.
DIS system 2 coils
DTA PRO8 engine management
CT26 ( supra )
31x12x3 FMIC
3¨ Pipes
Greddy Competition BOV

Next step:

Ported and angle to Ferrea Valves.
3sge Camshafts and Adjustable cams
Custom Side Intake with 2 Fuel Rails. ( 1 set of supra injectors for normal driving and 1 set of 550 sequential for hardcore boost )
Anti lag system ( with a switch just for launch )
DTA boost controller with sequential boost
Turbo... just thinking about it.

http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w204/GT4_CR/

Please let me have your comments. Im not trying to invent anything, but keeping it under a real third world budget.

GT4_CR

Gary":16mloaof said:
That is first gen head.

How can you tell. Because the one I have installed has a series of numbers in the front. The one I have at the workshop has no numbers.

Gary

In that case, check the top row studs on the exhaust side.
1st gen head has only 6 studs. 2 on the top row.

GT4_CR

I will get better and clearer pics with a real camera. Cellphone arent that good for details.

Anyway the cooler has 2 supports in the upper side and 2 below. It feels really strong.

GT4_CR

New crappy cellphone pics :D

Today Im picking up the bastard. Tomorrow with a full sponge bath will take good quality pics.

GT4_CR

The car is out now, but its working Naturally Aspirated ...shit! This clockin of the CT26 sux! I just couldnt install the wastegate actuator. Good thing I can have a setting where NA feels fine and at 4k rpm I feel a magnificent 4psi of boost!!! If someone got pics of a wastegate installation after the stupid clockin would be great!! :twisted:

GT4_CR

smc252":dfxkhpt3 said:
Nice, is the hood welded together or grafted with fiberglass?

The hood is all fiberglass. Originally brought for the ST185 Celica Rally Cars in my country Championship.

Kyoto

I like your hood. Its amazing when you notice how much heat actually comes of vent, sitting at lights its just a shimmering haze. This should be a must do mod for 165 owners...

zak062

that would be an awsome hood to have for my st165. I know it would have to be custom made. Someone should do a write up.

Kyoto

I have pics in my 'ride' thread somewhere i think, showing the blending of the vent into the bonnet.

GT4_CR

Im almost night blind. I really need this conversion done ASAP

ilmtwinlow.jpg