Putting alltrac body kit on my convertible:)

celicaaddict

i just purchased the complete 88' alltrac flare out body kit,and im gonna put it on my 89' black convertible gt ..
Im also planning on doing a swap and making the convertible turbo :)
does anyone know if the alltrac engine will bolt up to the Gt n/a tranny?[/img]

Denver_whiteST185

It'll bolt up, but they're kinda weak if you push it too much. if you plan on modding the engine, i think that most people modify MR2 trannys or find a manual V6 camry tranny. If your going to drop in a stock 3SGTE, you'll be fine....

celicaaddict

thanks ted,ill be doing the body kit 1st soon...ill post pics soon as its all done...i just ordered a aisin clutch for now, should be here soon...are there any strut tower bars for the st165?

at3619

as far as the mr2 tranny, all you need to do is switch the shift linkages 180 degrees. but you might be able to find a camry trans for cheaper vs an mr2 turbo trans. Your car should already have the stock st16x strut tower brace. That should be fine

celicaaddict

thanks guys,i cant wait to see how the alltrac body kit is gonna look on the convertible...anyone have pics or heard of someone who did it?

celicaaddict

also how are these aisin clutches? i heard theyre not intended for racing performance but considered closer to factory then an aftermarket.