Civic Boy

88alltracohio

I know a few of you support civic and a lot of you hate them. I don't know a lot about them, but there's this kid on my street w/ a 91(?) civic who thinks he's hot $h!t because he did a 1.5, 4spd auto to a 1.6, 5spd vtec swap. He keeps talking stuff about how crappy old school toyotas are. Neither of us have our license but both drive. He wanted to race and he got mad when I told him he's not worth the gas. All he has is an open "intake" cone filter and a 4 inch fart can muffler. He claims he'll smoke me, because "turbos dont mean anything, I saw an all motor civic kill a turboed integra" is what he said. Should I be fine if I race him to shut him up, because I dont want to be embarassed.

alltracst185

u will spank the shit doors of that dam shitvic, my friend had a crx with a 1.6 v tech swap and i completly smoked him anytime anywhere when my car was stock:D and that car is the lightest of the hondas.

toayoztan

I wouldn't race him. Last thing you want to do is get your license, jump in your car that day, race him, and start off your driving record with a crash/racing ticket/etc.

I've seen fast all motor hondas...fast 1.6L hondas being faster than turbo integra? It depends on what kind. I'd like to see him race my bro's gt35e turbo integra. But he'll need about 500more hp under that hood to stand a chance.

Does he have vtec badges? :p

Bryan

syko says

im not so great on the honda engines. but there was this kid who got very pissed off at me when i made my blow off valve go off in his face. but this how he reacted.. lol

hawaiian style english, "WHAT BRA!? GOT PROBLEM!?"

so i smirked at him and took it to the freeway. he had an h22 (prelude engine iirc) in his honda hatchback. 50 mph - 80 mph.. i gained like 10 car lengths going uphill.

so yes. you will smoke him. off the line, on a roll, even at a standstill :p

oh, and dont mis-shift.. then Gary will have to smite you.

BanhBaoBao

syko says":1bibeah8 said:
im not so great on the honda engines. but there was this kid who got very pissed off at me when i made my blow off valve go off in his face. but this how he reacted.. lol

so i smirked at him and took it to the freeway. he had an h22 (prelude engine iirc) in his honda hatchback. 50 mph - 80 mph.. i gained like 10 car lengths going uphill.

Uhm maybe cause thats a close equivalent to those guys that pull up next to you and start revving like crazy? I would be mad too. What do you have on your car? H22's arent that slow, maybe he wasnt even flooring it?

syko says

@Banh:

i was just a coincidence that my bov went off as i was passing him. i didnt mean to do it on purpose (maybe i did :D ) but as to what mods i have on my car its mostly stock other than the turbo.. but i guess he thought his car was super fast.

gearhead313

BanhBaoBao":386u7zb7 said:
syko says":386u7zb7 said:

Uhm maybe cause thats a close equivalent to those guys that pull up next to you and start revving like crazy? I would be mad too. What do you have on your car? H22's arent that slow, maybe he wasnt even flooring it?

I've done a BUNCH of h22 - civic swaps. They are mid 13 second cars with sticky streets, no questions asked.

edv-tek

This sounds like it could be fun. I would agree that not knowing what the honda boy has, your car is heavy and at stock specs slow. I mean he most likely is at least 500 lbs. or more with a h22 stock horseposer of 180-220 flywheel HP. But with all of this in mind I still would not race him anyway. He seems to want to race you not to beat you but to justify the cost of the engine and labor. It is his issues and agenda. And does not have anything to do with you car being a pedigree and rare. Something he could brag about. So I would sit on the fence and just dish out humiliations. The honda guys just hate this. I mean after all if you can modify a snow mobile(high 11's low 12's) to go faster than his times at the track. My point is he switched engines and it is not a fair race now. It is all about money and how much you spend. You can make anything fast.
You car is made to rally race, right. Well his car is made to drag race now. Apples to oranges. And this is to your advantage. To be fair you would have to have best 2 out of three races. One at the drag strip, One in the rain or snow(all weather), and another an autocross.
And as an old school toyota you should be able to take 2 out of three. But if his car is good and well balanced he should be able to take you still.
But I would still not race him since it's about him and he wants to race you more than ever. And if he feels like he can easily beat you can start talking about how many car lengths he would give up for the weight of your vehicle. And use his terminology on himself like you just have an old school Toyota and turbos don't mean anything.

Some honda guy humiliations;
Your honda has as much torque as my lug nuts.
His engine is worth more than the car.
Civics are a dime a dozen.
Can't throw a dead cat without hitting a honda guy.
Couldn't he have gotten a better platform if he was building a drag car?
Turbo engines are forced induction and naturally aspirated engines just suck. On and on......Maybe we should have a sticky about Honda guy insults. It would be fun. Kind of like the other side sucks!

I am vulnable to flaming now since I have a Honda but though you might want some alternative ideas. Even if my car was modified I still would not race him. Back in the day in my heavily modified 1970 Mach1 at the lights when meeting up with a contender I would rev up the engine and slowly let out the clutch and putz. Just to get the full entertainment value of the other racer. Especially if there was a cop car ahead, behind or at the intersection. And if you ever get a chance to catch him in the rain at a light make sure you get a good launch and when you see him later and laugh at him. This is where all bets are on. Let me know what you guys think even though I will be flamed....

syko says

klue":22an93c9 said:
agreed, h22 is a good plant for the hb, ive got one down here doing 12.5 n/a

i took the guys word that he had an h22. though, it didnt seem like it. *shrugs* perhaps a crap driver.

i love ed's insight too. no flame here buddy.

darthripley

the attitude most (not all) of these honda drivers is what really pisses me off in general.

the funny part to me is that most (not all again) are terrible drivers - can't shift into the right gear & drop the clutch & then stall it etc etc

a couple of short stories to back both of these points:

joe "beat" this kid in the MR2 - the kid was in a new RSX Type S - he couldn't shift into 3rd. granted the MR2 is lighter, but it has 110hp whereas the RSX has 210hp.

we were again in the MR2 & behind a kid in a EG Civic hatch with fart can who was revving his engine like no tommorrow at a stop light & peels out with our little MR2 all over his ass - he never could "pull away" from the MR2 so he drops way back speeds back up & flicks a cigarette at the car.

please keep in mind these were short little "bursts" with very few cars around & hitting the brakes at 50mph. granted not the smartest thing to do, but sometimes these dweebs just need to be shown a thing or two.

back on topic - so if i were you i wouldn't race him. just let him think he & his car are the coolest thing out there to ever hit the street.

if he insists on racing & you don't wanna hear it anymore, when you both have your licenses, take it to the drag strip & settle it there once & for all.

Highway

^^^ +1 for a safe race...

Me, on the other hand would just beat his a$$.....

your car corners better, handles better, and has a pedigree...

even if he out accelerates you, take him in the turns, practice shifting, get some bearings and get the slop out of your shifter, make sure your clutch and brakes are in good condition BEFORE you go.

Oh yeah, don’t race! :D

gpmarzan

You should really get a license first before even sweating about racing him. Before then, the only thing you should be racing are r/c cars. :smokes:

db

Racing without a license is a damn good way of losing the ability to get that license for several more years. Don't do it.