Mods to reduce quarter from stock

TRDking

Hello,

I am fairly new and was looking at buying an alltrac and was just wondering what mods would be needed to reduce your time on the quarter mile in a st185.

They run 15.7 stock dont they.
What is needed to run low 15s, 14s, etc.

If it had an exhaust/intake what would it pull

Thanks

alltracshoak

stock with a manual boost controller may be able to let you runs 15 flat.with a good launch and good driving, you should be at high 14s from my experience.

CDN-GT4

On how much boost. I ran a best of 15.7 last season on my all stock alltrac. I've just installed an mbc so I'm curious as the first race of the season is in a month.

alltracshoak":nujv7y0y said:
stock with a manual boost controller may be able to let you runs 15 flat.with a good launch and good driving, you should be at high 14s from my experience.

alltracshoak

i ran with 12-14 psi.(just at the limit of fuel cut). i also have a act clutch which grabs better off the launch. i also have a home made exhaust muffler which doesnt effect anything because piping is still stock.i ran high 14s with just a mbc. best time was 14.8

I ran a 14.1 with Intake, 2.5" straight pipe w/gutted stock cat, and a mbc at 15psi. I also have a act clutch and an hks flywheel. I'm pretty confident it would of ran high 13s with a downpipe, but I spun a rod bearing before I could find out.

CDN-GT4

Hmm, I can make up an intake pretty easily and I have a 2.5" KO downpipe in my closet awaiting install. I supposedly have a Zoom Stage 1 Clutch. With my mbc and some exhaust work, it should make the car fly!

rallyst165":2bghgmnc said:
I ran a 14.1 with Intake.....

1BADGT4

TRDking":2w484vw6 said:
Hello,

I am fairly new and was looking at buying an alltrac...

If it had an exhaust/intake what would it pull

Thanks

Welcome. First step should be preventative maintenance/ full tune-up.

With those ONLY two mods ... you're looking at high 14s.