ST205 Front Brakes

SuperWhite92

Do not clear 7th Gen Celica rims.

Not even close. To fit they'd need to have an extra 1/2" of spoke clearance around the caliper, and to have more room around the outside of the rim. Yes, you read that right, they hit both the spokes and the rim at the same time.

SSR Comps however, will work. There's about 1mm clearance on the center-most part of the spokes, but there's room everywhere else.

lumbercis

Did you make your own braket to mount the fronts? Any pics? Wouldn't mind seeing your SSR comps either. :smokes:

J.

Denver_whiteST185

i will be getting brackets made so that they will fit with the entire brake rotor instead of milling the brake rotor down to ~297mm. however they are not made yet.

My SSR comps 8)
Photo0006.jpg

SuperWhite92

Just a side note- any higher an offset or any less spoke curvature (which may be affected by width) and the brakes WILL NOT CLEAR. Words can't describe the size of the calipers effectively.

SuperWhite92

Another note- SSR Comps in this size will clear Subaru 4 Pot brakes with appalling amounts of room to spare. Unfortunately, on the GC we tested it on, it's a few inches out the fender.

eddie_gt4

Denver_whiteST185":k6z90wvq said:
i will be getting brackets made so that they will fit with the entire brake rotor (...)

smth like this? :)

600x450-2006051500596.jpg

600x450-2006051500582.jpg

as you can see, these brackets need to be slightly machined :wink:

p.s. putting ST205's F and R rotors and calipers into ST185 requires putting bigger master brake cylinder?
or an OEM one is efficient enough?

Denver_whiteST185

Oooo who makes that and are there more for sale?

The stock 185 master cylinder is fine and is actually slightly larger than the stock 205 one

sleeper

does anyone make those brackes for sale?

someone should make brackets and spacers for sale! ( i would buy some if the price wasen`t insanly high...)

GT4RC

yet another mod i want done for this summer. is that setup intended to be used with 185 or 205 rotors?

eddie_gt4

Denver_whiteST185":283ivn8n said:
Oooo who makes that and are there more for sale?

The stock 185 master cylinder is fine and is actually slightly larger than the stock 205 one

I don't know who's making it, but such brackets arrive from time to time on Japan Yahoo auctions
actually they're designed fot the Caldinas (that afaik have the similar setup as a ST185)

btw, thanks for the info about the master cylinder :wink:

bozo-merlin

swap 185 brake for 205 is not only for the caliper
bigger disc are usefull too

why use a braket when drill a bigger hole in the caliper make them fit ?

for the MC, 185 and 205 are both 15/16", same lenght, same mount, no reason to change
but 185 ABS don't really like the new brake setting (if you have one, try to "unfuse" it)

eddie_gt4

bozo-merlin":1av8o4r3 said:
swap 185 brake for 205 is not only for the caliper
bigger disc are usefull too
that's for sure! :D
btw, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that ST205 front calipers (and brake pads) can be used with ST185 front brake discs (aren't they too small?)

why use a braket when drill a bigger hole in the caliper make them fit ?
any pic?

but 185 ABS don't really like the new brake setting (if you have one, try to "unfuse" it)
you don't have ST205 brakes in your car, do you?
in pics with your car I see ST185 OEM front caliper :shrug:

bozo-merlin

I don't think 185 disc goes with 205 caliper because off the offset disc itself

I have the 205 complete brake kit to install on my 185 (no picture yet but will give solidworks part plan when complete)

rear are bolt on, every knows

front disc need approx 4.8mm spacerbetween disc and hub to clear the hub, we need a 4/10 mm metal rubber to modify the bore of the hub to center correctly disc and wheel

All that is done for me, i will work on the braket to fit the 205 disc with 4.8mm spacer inside and the 315x28mm disc

We are use to see S14 with 300ZX TT disc here in Europe, i am sure i could the same with 205 brake on 185

i will finish my rear drive train the 1st of may (205 LSD, polybush superflex from FENSPORT, D2, crossmember and diff bush kit from Mario, ARB from WHITELINE, ARB link from TWOSRUS, fuel cell from SUMMIT, new full avia brake and fuel hose) then i will start the front drive train and share you some informations