camry alltrac 3sgte swap

CAMRYGT4

So it’s been awhile since I have posted on hear. If anyone remembers I have a 1988 Camry alltrac and I was planning a 3sgte swap. Well I got side tracked for a year or so due to money issues, but now the project is up and running. My car is in great shape and looks good with a strait body and new paint, it’s not a junkyard car like most of the Camry alltracs that are still left.

So far I have the car and a 1991 jdm Celica alltrac engine ecu and uncut harness. I have torn down the engine to inspect it and replace the usual, timing belt and such. I’m waiting on some parts and the engine will go back together this week. I’m waiting for a bay at my buddies shop DIK PERFORMANCE in Auburn WA. So in two weeks the old engine should be out and the new should be in. that’s the easy part the hard part will be the harness, and making everything work properly and look clean.

I will be posting pictures as the project goes on, and any advice or comments would be great.

GMan

Cool swap. Not to steal your thunder, but it has been done.
XPander on 6gc with a 3rd gen swap into a Camry AT.
(toysport in FL a Long time ago..., probably others)

I am tepmpted, I have a 91, Camry AT.
It would Rock with a 3SGTE, and be an ultimate sleeper. :)
For some reason I want to keep mine Auto though.
Maybe If I can find a Caldina & auto + enough cash. :D

Regards;

CAMRYGT4

I know this swap has been done before but always with cars that look like they were rescued from the junkyard. And the engine looks like is was just thrown in and hacked together. The point of this project is to make it look like this car came from the factory this way.

On another note automatic transmissions can be really cool. I had mk3 turbo supra with about 400hp and an AT and it launched crazy hard, and I never had worry about missed shifts.

GMan

> CAMRYGT4
> Newbie
> Location: SEATTLE WA
> Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:42 am Post subject:
> I know this swap has been done before
> but always with cars that look like they were rescued from the junkyard.

http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14537
Old Camry AllTrac with a Heart of Platinum

That Thread was posted by
TOYRACR92

That is Xpander's car on www.6gc.net. More pics and info there.
Looks pretty good to me. He spent a Lot of time and $$ on it.

Good luck with your project.

Mine is a rust bucket now, too many panels would have to be
repalced to make Mine look good. :(

Regards;

tjdouble07

Well man, if you need any misc sensors under the hood, let me know. I got all my old 1990 stuff lyin around, with no real use for it. 1990 and 1991 stuff aren't compatible with 1992 and 1993 stuff, and that's all i have now.