STOUT (japan) FRP hood for the ST185

roo

Does anyone have any info on this? I was looking though our STOUT catalog and they list an FRP hood for the ST185 but there is no picture and no details on if it's for the regular GT-FOUR or the RC/CS Edition...

Shaggz00

roo,
what is this thing about the 165 hood? I clicked on the link, but I dont have the language packs installed or something, so I get a bunch of dots. could you give more info?

turbo4wd

$500 isnt bad for a FRP hood.. Its definitely gonna be lighter than stock and $500 after freight is good considering a new RC hood (if you can find one) at a dealer costs more than that..

What I'm wondering is the quality, fitment, and the way it looks.. Cuz since Japan had both hoods, I'm wondering which one these hoods would be made for.. the RC vent, or the stock scoop..

roo

FRP = Fiberglass

We normally say Fiberglass reinforced plastic but Wayne is right when it comes to the actual material makeup.

These prices are about $300 cheaper than I could have imagined. Stout hoods I can definately say are quality and fit great. We've sold tons of them for other cars and one of the guys who works here has one on his FD RX-7.

I've never personally seen Cusco aero parts but all the other cusco parts i'e seen are hella nice and definately precision.

roo

AWDios":10jsutvd said:
Would you give a discount or something to anyone willing to take the risk and get one?

I added the hoods to the Bulletproof website:

STOUT (185)
http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com/ca ... hp?ID=3493

Cusco (165. 185)
http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com/ca ... hp?ID=3494
http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com/ca ... hp?ID=3495

I'm assuming the ST165 hood is ventless like stock, however, the ST185 hoods may be like the base model ST185 or the RC model hoods. (unknown) I'm going to order one next week if nobody else does.

If someone is willing to buy one of either the ST185 Cusco or STOUT hoods this week, I will give them a major discount so that we can get one over here and find ore out about them.

e-mail: roo@bulletproofautomotive.com

(310) 327-4676 (10am-6pm pacific time)

turbo4wd

If one of them is RC style with vent and not a scoop, I'll probably get it.. I don't need the scoop anymore.. :D

But it'd help if we could find some pics..

AWDios

I'm seriously thinking of getting this so hopefully we can get some pics soon. Roo says it'd be here in November/December

furpo

im 99% sure it is fibreglass reinforced polyester. the resign being of a polyester type. basicly it is as cheap as you can get.

roger

roo

i've got bills to pay an auto salon coming up so i can't get one of these anytime soon. first person to order will get hooked up price-wise.

I can't wait to see one of these! :cry:

turbo4wd

roo":2pvdq4h2 said:
i've got bills to pay an auto salon coming up so i can't get one of these anytime soon. first person to order will get hooked up price-wise.

If you can get a hold of Stout or Cusco, and ask them for a pic of the hoods, that'd help.. If I liked one or the other, I'd be down to buy one.. I just dont like the idea of buying something I havent even seen yet..

roo

turbo4wd":ybg8zibx said:
roo":ybg8zibx said:

If you can get a hold of Stout or Cusco, and ask them for a pic of the hoods, that'd help.. If I liked one or the other, I'd be down to buy one.. I just dont like the idea of buying something I havent even seen yet..

I've already tried, neither company has any nor could they tell me which version the hood is. On the other hand, I've seen other hoods from cusco where they have two versions and they tend to make the more aggressive one...so i'm betting it is the RC version.

Sifu

I'll ask a friend at Cusco to see if they have any in stock and if there are any pics of it.

roo

Sifu":2ehdcais said:
I'll ask a friend at Cusco to see if they have any in stock and if there are any pics of it.

If you mean Cusco USA, a.k.a. Nukabe Auto, I've already asked the president...none in stock.