st205 WTA intercooler fits under 185 hood??

Rad

I found this site a long time ago where it shows a 205 WTA/IC under a (non-RC) 185 hood..but I can't seem to find it anymore....Does anyone know for sure if it'll fit, or should I try to find a CS WTA one...I kinda like the old hood...

Gary

Some one posted that you need to removed the rubber seam under the scoop. Also, you will need to find a way to fit it to the smaller TB inlet of ST185.

DemonCelica

does anyone know where i can find more info on this swap? it's next on the agenda when the credit cards leave the red zone.

vtang_gt4

yep does fit fine but i had to remove the surround under the std A/A scoop as the st205 top box sits so high.

the fitting of the chargecooler to the car is awkward.

the outlet of the top box is bigger then the std A/A intercooler so you will need to use the st205 rubber inlet/neck.

but this doesn't bolt stright onto the throttle body as it's a lot bigger and non of the holes line up so lots of playing & chopping the rubber neck to make it fit.

the turbo position is slightly different so it there will be a tiny 'kink/bend' from turbo to intercooler.

a number of brackets will need to be cut to accomodate for the water pipes.

i used a load of flexible water pipes to locate the pump

the pump is wired up to my iginion so as soon as that is on the chargecooler is on. why? cause the person who had it before had it on a switch and forgot to turn it on, rn it as 1.2bar and biggered his engine.

im sure there's a load of pictures on my site have a look, was it worth all the effort?

hell yeah no heat soak, even after a good run, the water is cold/luke warm :) :)

saved_1992

upgrading to the 205 ic is well worth the effort

parts needed throttle adapter,gasket, and rubber coupler and of course the rest of the system, check out this write up for the parts and how to install the 205 ic, this is for a 165 but the ic parts will be the same as well as adjustments.

http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic ... highlight=

note will not have to use the flanges or modify the actuator on a 185 car

roo

engine.jpg

I've test-fitted the alltrac hood on my car with the 205 engine and IC and it fit without modification. The 205 IC on a 2ng gen engine sits higher for some reason....