NX2000 vs. ST185

Aaron

This guy I work with has an SR20DET-powered NX2000 running stock boost with intake/exhaust. Stock power is 220hp and 210 ft/lbs from what I'm told.

I have a '90 ST185 with 3" downpipe & air filter, stock boost. Seems like it would be a close race. We will be doing it soon...just looking for opinions on how much you think I'll win by. :D

toayoztan

Honestly, i say he will win, considering he probably weighs at least 500lbs lighter than you. But my cousins s14 sr20det is pretty quick with the exact same mods. Unless you at least run well into the 14s, i wouldn't count on beating him.

Goodluck though! Try to get a video :)

Bryan

syko says

race him where races are meant to be raced... in rain, snow, or gravel :D

however, a couple of co-workers say that i should race another co-worker with an sr20. most say that it'll be competitive..

toayoztan

syko says":3mccyq28 said:
race him where races are meant to be raced... in rain, snow, or gravel :D

however, a couple of co-workers say that i should race another co-worker with an sr20. most say that it'll be competitive..

If you're pretty much stock, it will beat you. I've done it already with my cousin lol.

Bryan

Klas

Well, if you launch hard as h*ll, like at 6k rpm and you clutch can take it, you will maybe take him.
When I think about it, you will win, if you launch it right.
good luck!!

db

At least up the boost to 15psi, to give yourself a better chance. Isn't an NX2000 front wheel drive? If so, you really need to beat him out of the hole. A good launch can give you the edge.

MrWOT

If all you've got is a dp and air filter, he's probably going to spank you. That car weighs a good 500+lbs less then yours.

Aaron

I also have a 6-puck clutch, which I forgot to mention. We're probably going to be racing in about 20 mins or so so I'll post results when I get home. :)

Also, I just bought a TurboXS RFL BOV for 50 bucks from another co-worker. :D Next is the MBC.

db

If you need an MBC, I recommend the Twos R Us. About $50 and works great after 3 years.

Mafix

if i remember corretly those nx's are FWD...meaning for you to have a chance you'll need turns or go from a dead stop.

Sleeka_89

if the nx2000 takes off anything like my car (which is big wheelspin 1st and 2nd) you might be able to hold of for 9-10 seconds before he smashes 3rd and passes you, just my guess...
With 15psi going through the alltrac later on though, it might be a different story :D

suprakid95

i think you'll win...i mean seriously you have an alltrac can you really be beatin?

in all serious ness this wont be much of a race imo he is gonna win hands down. unless he sucks at driving but even then i think just the car will have the edge on you.

Aaron

Sorry, I guess I forgot about this thread. I don't work there anymore, so I don't see the guy anymore. It's ok. At my new job, there's a guy with a GTi VR6 that runs a 12.7 (turbo'd). I'm going to turn up my boost as soon as I get my new BOV T-hose and see how I do. I'm sure I'll lose, but I'll give anything a go. :)

Also, there's another guy I work with who talks shit all day long about his "boy's" cars that he says could kill my All-Trac. He says all All-Tracs and MR-2 Turbos are slow and couldn't beat anything. He doesn't even own a fast car and all he does is talk shit all day long about his "boy's" '85 Corolla GT-S that he claims does 11s and his sister's cousin's Monte Carlo. He is, without a doubt, the most annoying person I've met in my entire life. Seriously, he won't stop talking about SOMEthing for 30 seconds straight.

I need to find that video with that All-Trac beating that motorcycle. That might shut him up.

Sifu

You know the best thing to do to an annoying person? You just nod your head and go "uhm hmm." That's it... You don't even have to listen, hell it's better if you don't.

jotarokun

Aaron":cg0b36tt said:
...and his sister's cousin's...

Wouldn't his sister's cousin also be HIS cousin? well... unless... he's adopted? :evil:

Yeah. don't worry about his punk ass.... even my friends that have faster cars that KNOW cars respect the all-trac. So, he's an ignorant douche, and you're gonna be juuuust fine.

toayoztan

I wouldn't worry about "talkers" and the like. I don't encounter them much, but there is one guy. He owns a 68 camaro, probably putting out aroudn 550 hp. Yeah it's got power, but he talks like he knows about cars. So he can read the parts list for the modifications he put on his car, but it makes me wonder who REALLY did the work....The more I talk to him, the more he's clueless. He apparently has no clue what a wideband O2 sensor is, EGT sensor, AFR, thought my car was a 240sx, asked if i had a turbo after telling him i did and him reading the badge on my car and...yeah it just goes on. One day he started showing me dyno charts and graphs of this motor he could buy, this carb, that intake...yeah he's one of them "internet readers" with money. Just buys shit, has a mechanic slap it on, and memorizes the parts list he buys for his car. Do i respect him? Sure I do, but i take what they say with a grain of salt :wink:

Bryan