Finally installed my Carbon Fiber CS hood (pics)

illGT4

theUNYTEDone":3s28pnlc said:
do they have a website or does one need to phone in the order?

They don't wish to deal directly with the public. They are looking for someone to handle the sales side of things. They are simply the mfg.

Meurz

If someone calls them, could you please ask about shipping to Holland? I'm curious as to know what they'd charge me for a unit shipped.

theUNYTEDone

illGT4":2s734r3w said:
theUNYTEDone":2s734r3w said:
do they have a website or does one need to phone in the order?

They don't wish to deal directly with the public. They are looking for someone to handle the sales side of things. They are simply the mfg.

so im guessing trevor is our guy this time round? 8)

Cids185

Well this is a coincidence. I spoke to Willy about two weeks ago, and since I missed the last GB due to a motor build, I still want that damned hood. He said that they do still have the mold. I guess he's just waiting for something to happen from this camp. Btw, I'm a longtime member/lurker, barely poster. I'll be placing the order this week. Unless of course somebody comes up with the GB.

frix

wow, looks awesome, can i get one for the st165? what happens if ur driving and then it starts to rain? is there some kinda guard?

b00staholic

How come it doesn't seem anyone is using hood pins with this CF hood?

I believe there was some initial discussion about having Fiber Images drill hood pins hole on the hood as an option...anyone do that?

I'm just worried that light hood would fly open while cruising at high speeds on the high way, destroying itself and your windshield and causing a nasty accident...

syko says

b00staholic":asjmawwx said:

Patrick Chinsue does not use the pins, does he? im looking at his 'cloak and dagga' pictures, and there are no hood pins.

SuperWhite92

syko says":1lm996e9 said:
b00staholic":1lm996e9 said:

Patrick Chinsue does not use the pins, does he? im looking at his 'cloak and dagga' pictures, and there are no hood pins.

There's a lot of stuff missing from his car in that set of photos though.

___Scott___

If the vent is doing its job, there shouldn't be much pressure building up under that hood. IMO, for most applications, the stock latch should be adequate.

theUNYTEDone

frix":tdd5hvui said:
wow, looks awesome, can i get one for the st165? what happens if ur driving and then it starts to rain? is there some kinda guard?

:| you DO know what our cars were designed for, dont you? :wink:

illGT4

I do not have any pics of it on the car. It's still in the box actually.

It looks just like what Dave posted back on page 1. 8)

Price was $700+SH to my door. Overall great quality hood. Not sure which of the All-Trac I'm putting it on. I may order another - top notch.

RedCelicaTRD

So how did you order it? Did you call them up and say I want the pain in the ass hood for the 90-93 Celica? Kinda sucks they dont list it on their website.