first time autox july 22

alltracshoak

this will be my first time auto x.what should i look for?im trying to set up an camera inside my car but who knows how that will go.as for mods..
stock suspension except for white adj rear sway bar set in the middle whole.
brakes ??
tires:falken ziex Ze512
205/55/15
any tips on setting tire pressure?
i was thinking about low tire pressure in the front and regular at the rear so maybe the front will grab more when turning?

etantshi

Low tire pressure is a dragster tip. Slightly elevated tire pressure is used to help prevent the sidewall from rolling.

Balagast

With stock suspension, I used to start out at 34 psi in the front and 32 in the rear. Chalk your tires and see how much the sidewall is rolling over. If you notice it is rolling a lot than add a few pounds.

Good luck and have fun.

BTW the anti-sway bar makes that car night and day in autocross (as well as good tires) it feels like driving a whale if you dont have that thing, having said that I can't wait to run some autocross when I get the teins in.

88st165

i just went to my first autocross last sun... i had the wt adj sway set in the middle and my tire pressure at 38psi (hankook rs2's)... the car had abit of understeer so im going to try a lower front pressure this time b/c im also going this sunday.... im addicted already... good luck 8)

alltracshoak

alright,auto cross was fun..wish i had some better tires and all..btw,i dont know why my rear end or which ever tire keeps on spinning when i turn...well it was an experience and hope you other people can experience it too

etantshi

alltracshoak":38xywjlx said:
alright,auto cross was fun..wish i had some better tires and all..btw,i dont know why my rear end or which ever tire keeps on spinning when i turn...well it was an experience and hope you other people can experience it too

Sounds like you need lsd!

RedCelicaTRD

Or he might be lifting a tire slightly, and an lsd wont help that. Having a stiff sway bar and stock springs will cause the inside to lift around corners. A few others have noticed this same problem.

P.S. Nice determination on trying to sell that lsd rear end you have André.

alltracshoak

yes,i probably do need lsd.i need to check on my 92 st185..i need to do some testing to see if i have lsd on my 92.if so then im in great luck.one test i've done is turning the driveshaft and both the wheel spins the same way,can anyone confirm this if it's lsd.

etantshi

RedCelicaTRD":3vouwa5u said:
Or he might be lifting a tire slightly, and an lsd wont help that. Having a stiff sway bar and stock springs will cause the inside to lift around corners. A few others have noticed this same problem.

P.S. Nice determination on trying to sell that lsd rear end you have André.

lol Saw right through that huh? Some lsd's still work with a tire lift, some do not. It depends on what kind you get. Nice vids.

alltracshoak

best thing is my car turned some heads..they knew about the car but it was so rare to see one..one of the guy's have a suby wagon and he came and talk to me about wanting one so bad before his suby.he might come to this site to look for an st185 :D

etantshi

alltracshoak":19ym79hg said:
best thing is my car turned some heads..they knew about the car but it was so rare to see one..one of the guy's have a suby wagon and he came and talk to me about wanting one so bad before his suby.he might come to this site to look for an st185 :D

I love that feeling. When everyone looks at the car and is like "wow, I can't believe I'm seeing one of those".

wizzards581

alltracshoak":kcwgkoxd said:
yes indeed it needs to be lowered.
off topic:
so are you planning to boost your car now?thanks for stopping by btw.

yes but i need to budget out the ca$h. maybe u can help me install it also??

Balagast

best thing is my car turned some heads..they knew about the car but it was so rare to see one

That is one of the reasons I love my car. Not too many of them in the Philly area (I've never seen another one), I get guys at the napa all the time when I go in for random stuff.

GL with the future autocross, I can't wait to get back to school and have my fix of it this fall with the teins :D