Camaro raced me.

2RM

Late night Saturday some guy pulled up next to me at the light 2 blocks from where I live. I dont know what kind of Camaro it was all I can say that it was old with 4 square head lights no spoilers lips or sideskirts. I dont know but it couldve been a V6 one. He took off with some wheel spin and triped the tires in second. I just started going when he shifted to second I didnt lanch or anything just decided to see if I can cach up. To my surprise I cought up when I shifted to second and passed him before shifting in to 3rd. I went an extra block and turned into my neighborhood the guy did a fly by about 2 seconds later doing maybe around 60-70 :lol: Dumb ass :p Just wanted to share with you all.

gpmarzan

I love how people underestimate our cars. Since ive been back in jersey, i started seeing many wannabe fast civics once again. I usually ignore them but I just had to mess with one a few days ago. He was in front of me with his ricer exhaust, late 90s EX. I saw him looking back at me from his rear view mirror, but he was stuck behind someone and couldnt do anything. Once the person in front of him made a turn, I knew he was gonna get on it, and yes i was right. 2nd gear rolling start, I was on his ass the whole time letting off a few times to avoid getting too close. Had to stop in the middle of 3rd because the wife started freaking out because she doesnt want my hard-to-find-parts alltrac to get damaged. This was before my minor 50 trim turbo upgrade. :smokes:

RafaCalde

this afternoon after work, this integra made the same right turn i make to get home. i heard him before i saw him then i realized he tried to pass me and i just thought great another chance to waste gas putting someone in his place. i pulled away like he was parked. i let off and he caught up and tried to pass me to cut me off due to the car in front of him, i mearly toed this time and still he thought he could do something. so as i pass him he got behind me and i stuck my hand waving him to come on but he didn't want to play anymore. he all exhaust and not even vtec. what a disappointment.

Will01

Nice story, reminds me of a Roush Mustang i raced yesterday in my TA. Came up as sort of a tie, but was fun as all hell :D

Ive found that most people who like to mess around on the street really don't know how to handle their cars and the vast majority of them drive automatics. Its gotta be a ratio of something like 8:1 of people who really can push their cars while playing games.

All i know is that since ive bought my 165 it seems to be a ricer magnet. Every biplane eclipse and hot pink civic seems to want a piece of it, at every intersection and every highway.

cardude

it seems my alltrac is immune to this. people look at me like do you really want to race. you are in an old car.
i try to keep my 165 a sleeper though.
i only let her loose once in a while. (like every time i drive her 8) )

lumbercis

ive been daily driving my ST185 for almost three years now here in socal and Ive only been revved on twice. Once by an older domestic and once by a civic with huge tach in heavy traffic :shrug:

I wouldnt race on the street, but Ive often wondered why people don't try to race me more. Socal is like the street racing capital of the US. I have a fat HKS exhaust, RC hood, and volk wheels, so the looks kinda suggest a modded car. I know people have noticed the car since people tell me they've seen me driving around when I go to the local meets.

Well, i guess I shouldnt look a gift horse in the mouth. The funny thing is that the car is slow as balls right now. I have both cats, a boost leak, and a stock topmount with an RC hood (=heatsoak). I couldn't beat a bicycle right now. :D

J.

Will01

Thats weird because people around here seem to love challenging my st165.

I picked up my car in early July and since then ive been challenged into probably 6 races, ive only taken up three people on them and the my stock 165 at least kept up. It might be because i live near a auto technical school but i really don't know why they love it so much.

Its a huge shift from my TA. The only races i got into with that car were a few higher class mustangs, magnums , and fellow TAs.