Autronic ems and AC?

sleeper

Hello!
does anyone know if the stock ecu controlls anything in the AC system in a st185?
i have installed a autronic ems in a st185 now and now the AC do not work.. :roll:
any hints?

ST185pinjo

I see a AC pin in my pinout, so chances are that it does.

644htew.jpg

What kind of Autronic do u have? I run a SM4 and like it alot.

I'll look it up in one of my books and make a pic of it to be sure.

sleeper

Thanks!

can someone that has the stock ecu check what type of signal the ecu gives when the AC is on and of? ( does it give a + signal or ground when on?

st185pinjo: this is a customer car.. but i use smc on my own can and have installed bouth smc and sm4 in other cars... :) ( have done it on 9 car now..)
really likes the autronic..it`s a stable system that works great..

Hic

You need RPM signal. Put it on the -IG wire on the module. The AC needs only that to work. Nothing else.

sleeper

Hic":3phn5m6d said:
You need RPM signal. Put it on the -IG wire on the module. The AC needs only that to work. Nothing else.

can you please explain a little more? ( i do not have the stock ecu in the car anymore..) any pins in the ecu pins ( wire side) i can jump?

Hic

AC and ECU are separated in celica. If you use ignition module, use the pin for tacho OP and conect it to the wire which gives you the revs in the gauge. (tachometer) AC will then work. Ac needs only RPM signal, nothing from ECU!

sleeper

Hic":2d3imryx said:
AC and ECU are separated in celica. If you use ignition module, use the pin for tacho OP and conect it to the wire which gives you the revs in the gauge. (tachometer) AC will then work. Ac needs only RPM signal, nothing from ECU!

i am using a 1kohm resistor in line with the tachometer wire,( stock tachometer works) and just connected it to the negative terminal on the coil...so i can just use this wire to trigger the ac to? ( take the signal from the tachometer and connect it to: ac1 A/C magnet switch? ( see the picture that st185pinjo posted in this thread..))

Hic

Hm...I don't see where is the problem. JUST CONNECT THE WIRE and AC will work. DO you understand that?!

DO NOT TOUCH STANDARD ECU OR ANYTHING ELSE BECAUSE IT IS NOT NEEDED.

OK?