HELP ME FIX MY CAR PARTY (Sacramento, CA)

ZTrac

Yeah, that's correct, I'm having a "OH SHIT WHAT HAVE I DONE" Alltrac repair party at my place this coming Saturday. I've got almost all of the accessory systems removed but it's taken me so long to get this done and I keep having all sorts of problems with what seems like the simplest things. I'm located in Sacramento, CA. I have a lot of tools, but if you want to bring your own that's perfectly fine too.

Okay, so here's what I ask for:

Either bring your hands, your alltrac expertise, or just yourself. Doesn't really matter.

Here's what I'll have:

Chips & dip, food, alcohol, music, and a 91 ST185 that I keep having all sorts of damn problems with in just trying to get this damn engine out.

Here's the plan:

I'll be up early and working on the Alltrac for the most part. We at least get the thing out of the chassis, on the engine stand, and the head off. We have a good time while doing it and make a party out of it.

So yeah, here's my cry for help. If anyone's interested, or anyone has any suggestions, PM me and let me know.

lumbercis

^Thats probably what he's trying to find out! :rofl: :smokes:

Anyway, If I didn't have to march in an anti-war protest this saturday, I'd consider coming up. Us alltrac owners need to stick together, na'mean???

So everyone that can, help a brotha out!!!!!!

Did you see the part where he said 'FREE BEER' :twisted:

J.

ZTrac

wizzards581":orc6xf5i said:
wats wrong with the car?

Well, basically, it sat in a garage for 5 and a half years while I was overseas, and this past spring I noticed that the rear diff was leaking (minor issue) and when I decided to do another oil change, I noticed that there was oil all over the underside of the car. At the VERY least the valve cover is leaking, but I decided I was going to go through the block and replace all the seals, and clean out the nasty piston heads with all that icky gooey black goop on them. Yes, I already have the entire engine gasket kit too.

My problem is that I keep running into all sorts of problems that keep stumping me and hindering my progress in removing the block from the car itself STILL...but basically I've got a lot left to do and I'm progressing at a snail's pace, so I figured I'd get some people a little more experienced than me to help out.

ZTrac

lumbercis":2surihey said:
Did you see the part where he said 'FREE BEER' :twisted:

J.

Yep. I mean, hell, if people are actually gonna come out there and try to help me out, I'm gonna make it worth their while!

alltracshoak

ZTrac":182qwvq2 said:
wizzards581":182qwvq2 said:
wats wrong with the car?

Well, basically, it sat in a garage for 5 and a half years while I was overseas, and this past spring I noticed that the rear diff was leaking (minor issue) and when I decided to do another oil change, I noticed that there was oil all over the underside of the car. At the VERY least the valve cover is leaking, but I decided I was going to go through the block and replace all the seals, and clean out the nasty piston heads with all that icky gooey black goop on them. Yes, I already have the entire engine gasket kit too.

My problem is that I keep running into all sorts of problems that keep stumping me and hindering my progress in removing the block from the car itself STILL...but basically I've got a lot left to do and I'm progressing at a snail's pace, so I figured I'd get some people a little more
experienced than me to help out.

dont worry, this weekend, your car will almost be done..ill probably be up on my way early though..and ill probably just work with your tools.so what you do you said??lets try to get everything done on sat that way your car can come out to the meet we're all trying to set up?

ZTrac

Yeah, that sounds great to me. At the point I'm at right now, I have the power steering pump still connected, the cat still connected...and two motor mounts. I'm having trouble with both the cat and the power steering pump currently. If they give up the ghost, then on to the engine mounts, then out it comes on the lift and on to the stand, ready to be torn down.

alltracshoak

you can actually take the engine out with the powersteering pump not being taken out.dp too i think. just gotta take out your radiator...

ZTrac

So I've been told, and so it would seem from what the manual implies...but then I have to disconnect the resevoir and drain all the fluid from the lines feeding to the power steering pump, and then that means I get to bleed all the brakes afterwards also...which I was planning on doing anyway, but still. It's freaking amazing how many little little things keep screwing me up. Like why did I keep loosening bolts on the AC compressor, trying to get it off, all the way until I accidentally disconnected the hoses, still kept going, and finally am left with an AC compressor that still won't come off? Basically, me and the pictures from the BGB don't work well at all.

Anyway, I was up all night last night, so I'm going to sleep early tonight, so anyone else who is interested, hit me up and I'll get back to you guys tomorrow.

alltracshoak

lol...i didnt follow the bgb to take the engine out..i guess it is much easier that way. anyways, i promise you you're engine's coming out this weekend..lol...btw,when and how early are you planning to work on your car on sat? let me know that way if you wanna work on it early, i can come by super early that way more time to wrench=more things that are getting done.

alltracshoak

wizzards581":smzj4nc4 said:
i probably wont be any help but might just be there to entertain or learn.... hopefully some knowledge. :?

you should be there.and drive your alltrac too that way whatever you need help on we can help!but i wont be driving my car.changed my car insurance so ill be driving a gas saver instead.l :p

Toxygene

I wish I was closer. I'd do the same thing as wizards581. Hell if nothing else at least you could look at another alltrac to see how things go together...

ZTrac

It's cool man. Anyone who wants to show is more than welcome...but on the flip side, I don't expect people to drive insane distances either.

ZTrac

Anyone who is coming tomorrow, give me a call at 916.730.4293 and let me know so I know how many people are coming.

alltracshoak

didnt get as much done as i planned..hope this give you better access to everything else that you needed to be done..
had a great time hanging out though, you should post up them pics.