Good tuning shops near me?

dluke

I've just got the last package of autronic-related parts for my alltrac.

I still have to find a machine shop that will make a bung for the air temp. sensor and modify my distributor (any recommendations are welcome).

After I get it installed, I think I'll want the services of a good tuner, but I don't know where to go (preferably not too far from Lansing, MI).

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

zblu81

I think the closest are in the Detroit and Ann Arbor area. One was God's Speed or something like that. Sorry I'm not more help... there was an All-trac meet at one this summer

A

Anonymous

I'm sure there is something in the Chicago area as well (but that's about as far as I'm willing to drive for this for now). I'll see what I can look up in and around the 'D' :)

dlek00

actually most shops around Chicago are not familiar with AllTracs. they mostly do Honda/Acura and DSM cars. CJ motorsports does work on MR2's so you could try them, but I've never been there or heard about their service.

GT4CE

Tommy Knight, and Travis Hanson did most of the work this spring setting up the meet, if I run across either of their emails I'll be sure to send them your way. They both post on the forums so I'm sure they can help you. If I remember correctly the shop was in the Rochester Hills area, they also mentioned another shop that was in the Detroit Metro area that did tuning.

Either way Good luck.

TraviST185

I guess we should start thinking about doing another Dyno day this spring. Lots of people are starting to make lots of power with their alltracs. I know that Les is still the HP King and he ran a 12.9 on a slipping clutch WOW. Scott should have his car sorted out and maybe his wifes car too. Jeremiah should have his monster sorted out come springtime. Hell even I have a few things up my sleeve (Tommy WILL NOT make more power than me). Hopefully ToyotaTodd, Bill Price, and others from Indiana, Illinois and Ohio will be able to make it this year.

Dan if you are ready to talk shop, I am very familiar with a lot of the shops around the metro detroit area. Send me an email or give me a call and I can tell you all about the shops and what they are capable of.

Dan what else do you have done to your car? I would be interested in meeting up and checking out your car.

Have a good weekend everyone,
Travis Hanson
hans4656@kettering.edu
(231)392-2224

dluke

TraviST185":1oeybwbz said:
Dan what else do you have done to your car?

Not too much, yet (I just recently purchased the car and became obsessed), but I have a bunch of stuff planned.

Currently have:
HKS intake, exhaust and manual boost controller.

About to install:
Autronic SMC with the electronic boost control valve, intercooler fan.

Post-Autronic:
Cold air intake box, catch can.

Planned for next spring:
Tires, wheels, and suspension (probably DMS and a bunch of new bushings + whiteline swaybar etc.)

Later:
New clutch and new syncros.
Finally, maybe stuff to make more power (upgrade fuel system, upgrade intercooler, upgrade turbo, etc.)

TraviST185":1oeybwbz said:
I would be interested in meeting up and checking out your car.

Sure, send me an email and we can work out details.

C-dubb

I know this post is relativly old but I live in Holland, Michigan a few hours below lansing and there is a shop nearby in grandville that has an AWD dyno and i have talked to them about tuning. $200 for the first hour of tuning on the dyno and 100 for every additional hour.

There is also a place in chigago calld "Sound Performance" that specializes mainly in toyota supras.