Canada requires cars to have running lights on

jlspec

A co-worker who used to live in Canada told me that it was require for all cars to have daylight driving lights on, is this true? If so, then did the alltrac that was shipped to Canada have the daylight driving lights.

jlspec

So, is'nt there a way to convert it so that the bumper lights and coner lights would turn on without the tail lights turning on/switching the headlight switch. In doing so it would have the same kind of effect as the cameros and corvettes.[/list]

WarTowels

I have no electrical engineering background so it's hard for me to read those...

I don't like the write up on toyotacelicaonline... I wish someone would do a write up to turn the fog lights on independently...

-Towels

Slink

It is also the only car I've ever seen that has daytime running tail lights, kinda wierd. [Note the DRL in my sig pic haha]

evo

the simplest solution i can think of right now (I'm half asleep) is to:

1) pull out your fog light relay (passenger kick panel, black relay in the lower right)

2) pry off the cover of the relay

3) find the actuator arm (should be a copper arm that makes contact once the relay is energized), and bend it enough to make contact with the pad below

4) replace relay cover, and reinstall

your fog lights will always be on while your key is in the 'ON' position. You've basically simulated a stuck relay, and you can always bend back that arm to revert back to stock operation (or plug in a new relay)

Nitro_Alltrac

Slink":1nl2gejk said:
It is also the only car I've ever seen that has daytime running tail lights, kinda wierd. [Note the DRL in my sig pic haha]

The 95 Jetta I used to have had the tail lights on with the DRL's. It was the only thing that saved me from getting rear ended quite a few times. The DRL's were almost as bright as the low beams. Drove home many a night without know the headlights weren't actually on till I hit the high beams and they didn't stay on. :shock:

darthripley

WarTowels":1lkquiuq said:
I don't like the write up on toyotacelicaonline... I wish someone would do a write up to turn the fog lights on independently...

i'll see if i can get joe to do a write up on how he did it b/c it was one of the few things that was super easy to do & only took 5-10 minutes.
the way joe did it you just push the fog light button & they come on independently of the other lights.

WarTowels

Thank you! Reading it now.

:D

EDIT: Seems simple enough, let me see if I got this right:

1. Snip the red/white wire
2. Splice the end that is in the fog light relay, into the white hot lead from the blue part above it?
3. Cap the other end of the original wire.

Done?

-Towels

justjoe

Yup. Nice and simple..

It was one of the quickest things that I have ever done, and pretty cool at the same time :D