Turboing 93 Celica ST 4A-FE

Kev

Yo. What's up everyone. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about throwing a turbo into an ST. Im not looking for an engine swap. I'm planning on buying my Alltrac here soon. So getting a 3s-gte isn't ideal for me. I would just like to put a little guts into the ride I have now, mainly because of the aesethics I'm doing to it. I'm looking for around 5 to 10 lbs of boost. If anyone knows any kits that fit well, for a respectable price, please hit me up. I live in Texas. San Antonio. If anyone is local, and are willing to sell a kit, (San Antonio, Austin) give a shout. Thanks again.

Gary

Is it your daily driver? If so, leave it alone.
You probably will not like my advice but if I were you I would save that $$ from turboing your ST for upcoming expenses (mods & maintenance) on your future alltrac.

TexasAlltrac

Yes. Save your $$ for the Alltrac.

Right after you buy it and if the previous owner cannot show you maintenance reciepts, you will want to take care off all of that before you do anything else to the car.

Mafix

you'll need to look on corolla forums but you'll see that with your motor it's so much money to turbo that it's not worth it.

Kev

Alrighty. Haha. Sounds good. I just wanted to see the consensus on the idea. Sounds like its not worth it, so I'll invest the cash elsewhere. Thanks fellas.

As for the comment on the Corolla forums. Thanks for the headsup. I wasn't aware that turboing my engine would be so costly, considering it a smaller engine, and therefore easier to manage. Thanks for letting me know that little tid-bit man. Appreciate it everyone.

Kevin

$200GT-4

VERY not worth it. If you turbo'd the 4A-FE with light boost you might make the same as a stock 3S-GE. Total waste.

Mafix

no but you'll need a built bottom end and a head swap. all in all a glorified waste of time and money when you can drop in the big brother 3sgte.