raced a neon srt-4 this weekend!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alltracst185

so like the tittle says i was on my way back from maine from visiting my parents when a srt-4 pulled behind me, iknew why he pulled up behind me so he got in the next lane( we were on 495). i was just cruising in 5th gear and when he got beside me he took off thinking i would'nt catch him so i down shifted only too 4th and caught up quickly and flew past him like he was standing still!!! he could'nt beleive he just got owned by a celica i guess because the expression on his face was priceless. so we did it again and he got owned again!! i can't wait till i get my ems :D i wqs only at 10 lbs too

syko says

Nigel's loving every moment of his car (I have yet to hear it with his new toys he got for it) But IMO he'll probably take me. I'll take him off the line for sure, but he'll catch up and pass me. We wont know for sure until we actually 'try' it. Though, I am not all up for street racing, I'm more of a mountain pass person.

On topic:
Great job! It really depends on whats really done to a car though, Ive taken on a fully stock SRT4 before, while I have a larger turbo, straight intake, and a DP :p (not much but it does me well).

88st165

haha ive pulled on a "stock" srt4, only had mopar exhaust or something like that. anyway i pulled on him nasty from around 70mph with the stock twin entry ct26 at 14psi! afterwards we talked and he thought a had an old supra or something haha. he was a cool guy, but some srt4 owners think their shit dont stink ya know?

alltracst185

ya i've raced a stock srt-4 with my car basically stock except k&n drop in filter and pulled on him...i got alot of woes from the srt-4 people and of corse they had never seen a all wheel drive turbo celica before :D fun times!

gpmarzan

do the srt4s have top end? Ive only seen one around town and I have yet to see him driving while im in my alltrac. I would love to see how quick they are compare to my lil 88.

88st165

^from experience yes they do. i drove my buddy's srt4 on many occasions from when he had it stock all the way up to when he had it stage3+ everything (he ran 11.7 in the 1/4, daily driver!)

i think a trac would need a minimum of an upgraded ct26, intake, exhaust, intercooler, boost controller.... haha thats kind of alot just to keep up with a "stock" srt4... but thats what it take to keep up with a car that has more hp and is alot lighter right off the bat... you can basically piss on the car and it'll make more hp, so if they have any sort of mods dont get your hopes up too much... but trust me its worth it to see the shock and disbelief when you are keeping up and/or pulling away on them... i would like to try my chances with one again esp now since i have water injection and the ct27, but gas is too high and my time is scarce to go out patrolling the highway haha...

if i were you i would try to mess with one b/c you're going to put up a bigger fight then they would expect anyway, plus you'll have an idea where you stand against other cars on the road...

syko says

I drove with Nigel on windy roads the other night, though I am sure he could have sped up on a couple turns I stayed by his tail the whole way, that is, until it got to a straight, thats when my lag kicked in and he got away :oops:

It was fun though, I would do it again.

alltracst185

syko says":19xethjb said:
I drove with Nigel on windy roads the other night, though I am sure he could have sped up on a couple turns I stayed by his tail the whole way, that is, until it got to a straight, thats when my lag kicked in and he got away :oops:

It was fun though, I would do it again.

just wait until you get a fm intercooler, exhaust, some way to tune it and raise the boost then i think he'll be in trouble :smokes:

TheNubkins

I also just had a race with an SRT4. Only mod apparent on the SRT4 was exhaust. My car, power-wise, is bone stock except for a 3inch exhaust from the downpipe back. Anyhow I was loaded down with my brother and myself(400lbs between the two of us) and pulled behind this SRT4 that I noticed had been speeding like crazy down the road earlier. We were in a two lane left turn onto the freeway...and our lane ended shortly after the turn so we had to merge to the left lane before coming onto the freeway. The light turned green and he punched it and I did the same. Just before all this happened I was telling my bro how the "neon" is going to leave us behind and they are fairly quick cars. Anyhow I stuck right on his ass through first, second and halfway through third when I let off as I was speeding too much. Needless to say I was suprised because I assumed we would have been left behind. Can't wait til I get the SB46 turbo kit installed...then I'll be able to play a bit harder. :shoots:

smog7

TomsGT4":oae0qk9d said:
Me too :)
Back when I was boosting my CT-26 to 14psi, supporting mods, and about 200lbs weight reduciton. Man that was fun.

http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15070

Razzo":oae0qk9d said:
jjpetek":oae0qk9d said:
I can promise you that a stock SRT-4 ACR will out handle every stock GT4 and most GT4's with just springs and a rear bar. These cars are tuned for racing in stock classes and have all of the compromises to go with it in terms of ride stiffness and general 'vibration'. The suspension is actually 'tuned' out of the box, plus has adjustable shocks and a rear sway bar that doesn't look like a brake line. I think we can all admit that gt4's are not 'tuned' out of the box. Go check them out on the autocross course or road race track. :doh:

maybe in a straightline buddy...but i highy highly doubt an str-4 can keep up with an allltrac in the turns. i don't give a fuck about suspension...you must be to stuiped, to realized we also have awd, which i have and gurantee we can beat, exp in autocross. so please keep your little bad car facts else where, suspenion is important..but on a little domestic fwd car...gooooood luck, i can go into cornors faster...and come out alot faster then you can with your little srt-4. lol stock tires barly work at keeping the srt-4 going. and don't give me that....its tuneable...gl with you srt-4, i laugh when i see them, cheap car....decent engine...dodge :shrug:

wow that was a good laugh

WarTowels

lol, I just read the above thread on the SRT4 with the hilarious flaming.

Reminded me of someone I know...

<--

:lol:

-Towels

Status
Not open for further replies.