CS Conversion Part #'s?

rudeboy3d

i got a much different price quote, in the neighborhood of 464 bucks, not including paint. come february, i think the black beauty will have a new hood. :-D thanks for the help.

Gary

rudeboy3d":3rkug47w said:
i got a much different price quote, in the neighborhood of 464 bucks, not including paint. come february, i think the black beauty will have a new hood. :-D thanks for the help.
$464 for "all" the parts including two ornaments on the side vents?

Gary

^^^
I think he means hood, not bumper.
Still, I can't believe $464 for "all" the parts including two ornaments on the side vents. rudeboy3d, can you confirm this?

rudeboy3d

it was for all the parts, minus the ornaments... the dude said the part numbers were off... ill double check them when i go to work tomorrow... i dont think itll be much more though... i work at a dealership so i do get a discount... the hood alone was sposed to be 325ish and at my price it was 247... i think its a good deal... i plan on getting the shit after christmas is over... thinking about the bumper too, but i dunno... :shrug: thoughts?

Gary

rudeboy3d":cefsdts6 said:
it was for all the parts, minus the ornaments... the dude said the part numbers were off... ill double check them when i go to work tomorrow... i dont think itll be much more though... i work at a dealership so i do get a discount... the hood alone was sposed to be 325ish and at my price it was 247... i think its a good deal... i plan on getting the shit after christmas is over... thinking about the bumper too, but i dunno... :shrug: thoughts?
Unfortunately, around $200, special order from Europe.
People have tried to order them through US dealers, but it seems they can't get those.
http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2466
The hood alone is not bad, but when you add all the stuffs ....... :shrug:

By the way, just curious, do you still have stock IC?

rudeboy3d

yeah i still got the stock intercooler... would i need to change that at all if i went with the gt 4 hood?

also, would i tell them the whole part number and they would have to order it from outside of the country?

Gary

Heatsoak!
CS hood will block air that cool down the stock IC.
Your car will run like shit.
You either need W/A IC (from ST185RC or ST205) or FMIC.

Like I said before, people tried and failed.
Toyota dealer cannot get that side vents.

Yeah Ryan Woob up in Seattle had the CS hood on his car with the stock TMIC and he didn't like the way his car was performing. I believe he's working on getting his FMIC put on if he hasn't already.

If you want everything for that CS hood it will pry cost you a few bucks man.

rudeboy3d

Yeah I talked with them today and the dude said he would give Toyota a call and see if they could order it or something. Sposed to get back to me tomorrow on that. As far as the intercooler goes, is it possible to get the r/c intercooler through the dealership? If so, what's the part number on that?

I was also talking with another guy there and he said that the JDM lights on Hondas fold inward automatically when the car is shut off and they pop back out when the car is started. I was wondering if the same is true on Toys. I've seen the JDM Celica side views and I don't particularly care for them but I was just kinda wondering to see if anyone knew. I'm sure GT-4 owners overseas could comment.

Gary

Not sure if you could order the w/a IC from dealers here in US.
But I'm sure they cost $$$ new. ($1000+ for all the parts needed)
That's the same price you can get a decent FMIC setup.

Yeah I'd say the RC I/C is well in excess of $1000 from the dealer. You could get a NICE front mount, and have some custom piping made for less money. Something to consider.