JUNE 28&29th MEET SUMMIT POINT {update}SUDAY 29TH

esracing

ok its time to get this going.i am thinking a one day or two day event at the race trac camping watch the race,cooking on the fire also peraide laps on the trac.and we can go for nice rides on the back roads
THIS IS GOING TO BE ON SUNDAY ONLY ALSO WE NEED A ROLL CALL

it cost about 20 to 25 to camp and stay the hole weeked.peraide laps is about 20 .

im going to call summit point and find out more info :D

ok we will meet in rockville md at 8am dave and busters then drive to summitt point motorsports park.
then we will set the cars up in a ropped off area that will be set up for us by the trac.the races will start at 9am and go to 5pm lunch will be at 12 noon thats when we will do the paraidelaps around the trac at{ pace car speed } no holding back and speeding !!! or we will get the boot!
then we will put the cars back and watch more of the races.also there is some very nice roads around the trac so if you want to take a nice ride you can.just beware of 5.0

you can camp if you like or if you want to leave thats cool too.
this is going to be a 1 ot 2 day event it up to you.

http://www.summitpoint-raceway.com/

link for sign up
http://www.gt4play.com/TurboWebApp/Spri ... et/Home.do

there is directions at the site
most of us will be staying saterday and sunday then leaving in the afternoon on sunday

here is a pic of a gt2 or was a gt2 this weeked i took

MR ED

Hey Eric hope you don't mind me cross posting over on MR2OC. So we can see what feedback we get.

**edit: Just posted on mr2oc.com

Boostlee

Hey eric, will definately be there representing the mr2 contigent for my bro!!

Eric, can you pm me your number?? This is chris with the green b14 from summit point (looking to pick up an 89 and have a few questions and my apologies for thread jacking :doh: )

MR ED

Here is summit point's schedule that I got on lotus forums.

JANUARY
Jan 20 (Sun) DRIFT NIRVANA / SOLO - Shenandoah

MARCH
Mar 7-9 (Fri - Sun) CAR GUYS - Main
Mar 9 (Sun) DRIFT NIRVANA / SOLO - Shenandoah
Mar 15-16 (Sat - Sun) DCBMWCCA - Main (Pre Reg is OPEN NOW, Reg Period is 1/22 to 1/26)
Mar 21-22 (Fri - Sat) SCHATTENBAUM PCA - Main
Mar 30 (Sun) PROMOTION - Shenandoah

APRIL
Apr 4 (Fri) FATT - Main
Apr 5-6 (Sat - Sun) DC SCCA - Main (Club Racing Driver's School, not HPDE)
Apr 7 (Mon) DC MBCA - Main
Apr 14-15 (Mon - Tue) NJBMWCCA
Apr 18 (Fri) FATT - Main
Apr 26-27 (Sat - Sun) RIESENTOTER PCA - Shenanadoah (Reg Opens 3/1 for mbrs and 3/8 for non, closes 4/12)
Apr 26-28 (Sat - Sun) DELBMWCCA - Jefferson
Apr 28 (Mon) DELBMWCCA - JMain

MAY
May 9 (Fri) MVP - Main (Private event that may open for reg)
May 10 (Sat) DC AUDI - Jefferson (Targeted at Beginner HPDE drivers) Reg opens Mar 1
May 15 (Thu) SEAT TIME - Main
May 17-18 (Sat - Sun) TRACK DAZE - Shenandoah
May 19-20 (Mon - Tue) SCHATTENBAUM PCA - Main
May 23 (Fri) FATT - Shenandoah
May 31 - Jun 1 (Sat - Sun) DCBMWCCA - Jefferson (Pre Reg opens 3/24, Reg Period is 4/7 to 4/12)

JUNE
May 31 - Jun 1 (Sat - Sun) DCBMWCCA - Jefferson (Pre Reg opens 3/24, Reg Period is 4/7 to 4/12)
Jun 6 (Fri) FATT - Shenandoah
Jun 13 (Fri) SEAT TIME - Main
Jun 14-16 (Sat - Mon) RIESENTOTER PCA - Jefferson & Main (Reg Opens 5/1 for mbrs and 5/8 for non, closes 5/31)
Jun 20 (Fri) FATT - Main
Jun 21-22 (Sat - Sun) NASA - Main

JULY
Jul 11 (Fri) VETTE - Main
Jul 14-15 (Mon - Tue) TRACK DAZE - Main
Jul 19-20 (Sat - Sun) CAR GUYS - Shenandoah
Jul 25 (Fri) FATT - Main
Jul 26-27 (Sat - Sun) DC MBCA - Shenandoah
Jul 28-29 (Mon - Tue) FERRARI - TBD

AUGUST
Aug 3 (Sun) DCBMWCCA - Shenandoah (Pre Reg opens 5/26, Reg Period is 6/9 to 6/14)
Aug 15 (Fri) FATT - Shenandoah
Aug 21-22 (Thu - Fri) RIESENTOTER PCA - Main (Reg Opens 7/1 for mbrs and 7/8 for non, closes 8/7)
Aug 23 - 24 (Sat - Sun) NASA - Main

SEPTEMBER
Sep 12 (Fri) FATT - Main
Sep 20-21 (Sat - Sun) DC AUDI - Shenandoah (Reg opens early June)

OCTOBER
Oct 4-5 (Sat - Sun) TRACK DAZE - Shenandoah
Oct 10 (Fri) FATT - Main
Oct 11-12 (Sat - Sun) NASA - Main
Oct 11-13 (Sat - Mon) FERRARI - ???
Oct 11-12 (Sat - Sun) DCBMWCCA - Shenandoah (Pre Reg opens 8/4, Reg Period is 8/18 to 8/23)
Oct 24 (Fri) FATT - Shenandoah
Oct 25-26 (Sat - Sun) DC SCCA - Main (Club Racing Driver's School, not HPDE)

NOVEMBER
Nov 1-2 (Sat - Sun) MAZDA - Shenandoah
Nov 7 (Fri) FATT - Main
Nov 8-9 (Sat - Sun) CAR GUYS - Shenandoah
Nov 15 (Sat) PROMOTION - Shenandoah

esracing

ok its time to do a head count.this will be a two day event
camping , watching the races ,peraide lops and show the cars off mr2 and alltracs

chris will put his web site up for sign up

gt4play

Alright guys (and particularly you, Eric). Is there a particular day we're shooting for here? The extent of what I see is a suggestion for a meet at Summit Point, and the entire schedule for 2008 is listed. :shrug: Gots to narrow this down a bit....

The thread in MR2OC has gone dead and needs to be revived - perhaps in another post that has less clutter about the logistics of renting the entire Summit Point racetrack (yes, there were some misunderstandings).

So what's our game plan? June? If so, what event? What can everybody expect to see? Can you describe the campout in more detail (basically, what does the $25 get us)?

At any rate, the signup page/website is up and running:

http://www.gt4play.com/TurboWebApp/Spri ... et/Home.do

Lets see if we can gather more concrete information so people know what they're signing up for.

gt4play

Yooooooooooooooo Eric... ;-) Where you at? :)

I'd like to really start pushing this, but in the interest of getting as many people together in one spot as possible, I'm wondering how many people are on board for a weekend outing at Summit vs, say, a cookout at a local park or something along those lines. Can we get some feedback from people?

I think (to some extent) last year's meet at the local shop was a decent hit...but I didn't much care for the overall attitude (from the shop that is). On top of that, I must have asked 5 times for the data on my dyno run to be sent to me - blatantly ignored each time. Maybe it was just me that developed a bad impression.....

At any rate, lets get some feedback people!

esracing

OK WE ARE MOVING THIS TO SUNDAY THE 29TH ONLY BECAUSE OF THINGS THAT CAME UP THAT I HAVE TO DO .FOR EVERYONE THAT KNOWS ME ON SATERDAY I HAVE TO DO THE CAR SHOW FOR MY BROTHER THAT PASTED 1 1/2 AGO EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO COME TO THIS ITS GOING TO BE IN OLNEY MARYLAND BEHIND THE TACO BELL FROM 400 PM TO 800 PM THIS IS A HOT ROD SHOW

Shaggz00

Eric and I are meeting 8:30am @ Dave & Busters in rockville, so if anybody below frederick wants to roll with us, meet there. You can call my cell if u need directions 240-441-2552.

From there we are driving to Frederick to meet more people around 9:15. Bob Evans @ Francis Scott Key mall, Rt 85 off of 270. Then from there we are heading to Summit Point Raceway in West Virginia. There is an SCCA Regional event going on, and we can chill, watch the racing, hopefully do a couple laps around the track, etc. Hope to see lots of people there!