ST185 Up For Sale in Los Angeles

muneo

I'll post up some picks as soon as I can.

Man I just saw a 93 Celica GTS w/ 120K on Autotrader go for $4500. Maybe my car is worth up to 5.5K...I still think that'll be stretching it though.

Since our cars are almost 20 years old, does a salvaged title really matter anymore at least in insurance? Since my car was salvaged, I never got coverage for the car (just liability) cuz its probably worth dick to them. Looking back I think it was a smart choice. I must have saved over $4,000 over these past 6 years that can go to a new car.

Also, I think my car is suspecting that I'm going to sell it soon. It drives super-duper smooth now. But I know if I decide to keep it, something will break. DAMN, no wonder cars are compared to women! :p

lumbercis

Whats up dude!!

If you wanted to maximize the money you could get, you would need to part it out (I mean the aftermarket stuff, return to stock).

The big red flags on this car are really high mileage and salvage title.

I'll be looking for another trac soon and any salvage title automatically gets crossed off the list. Its just a matter of not really knowing what the car has been through. I don't like "easter eggs."

Personally, the high mileage also cuts it out of the list for me. There is a car for sale on the boards now with 175k with an ST205 swap but I would pass on that too.

I would suggest getting a new car before you sell the trac. That way you won't feel too bad if you have to let the car go for peanuts.

That said, post it up for $4500 and be patient. If you are willing to wait long enough I think someone will go for it. Not everyone is scared away by salvage title.

J.

muneo

Yo Lumbercis!
Yeah, I know the salvaged title will be the biggest issue with this car. How bout If you test drive it and give it the Lumbercis Letter of Recommendation. That would definitely make people on the board think twice :D

If worse comes to worse, I'll probably keep it as a side car and gut the hell out of it and see what the motor can really handle :evil:

muneo

Yo Lumbercis!
Long time man!
Yeah, I know the salvaged title will be the biggest issue with this car. How bout you test drive it and give it the Lumbercis Letter of Recommendation. That would definitely make people on the board think twice :D

If worse comes to worse, I'll probably keep it as a side car and gut the hell out of it and see what the motor can really handle :evil:[/quote]

lumbercis

Gaah! I have to change my location, I'm in Southern Georgia right now.

Still, I say if you aren't in a huge rush to sell, just post it up for $4500, let the naysayers and lowballers do what they do, and wait. Sooner or later someone will offer something close to what you are asking.

I'd also try putting it up on ebay and autotrader to increase your exposure. I'd advertise it as a good project/swap candidate. Yes, it's old but it's been well taken care of...... etc.

If you go ahead and get a new car, selling this one or even taking a hit on it won't seem that big of a deal since you will have your shiny new ride already.

Just curious, does it have any rust? Thats usually one good thing about SoCal cars that you could advertise, they don't usually have any rust problems as cars from other areas have.

Oh, and just to be the first to officially lowball you: I'll give you 2 grand for it!!
:evil:

J.