Interest for a group buy of Pakfeifer front lip or bodykit?

Would you be interested in a group buy for the Pakfeifer lip or full body kit?

• I'm interested.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not interested.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Toxygene

bigdudepaul":t444kzt8 said:
Toxygene,

Is this the site you was looking at my friend?

http://www.totalracingcomponents.com/index_shop.htm

Cheers

Paul 8)

AHA!! You suffered the same fate as myself and PG.

I'm interested to say the least in whether or not we can pull off a group buy. That is in fact the web site I was looking at. However, I was looking into their Canadian Distributor as I've contacted the European house before about shipping a piece for my 2002 Celica. The shipping price was almost more expensive than the actual piece itself!

I've yet to hear back from the Canadian distributor and I think I'll have to call them direct to get more of a response. I'd be interested to see though if this replica is the correct piece. I hope they are still manufacturing it. I'd also hope so since it's still being advertised and TRC had recently updated their site almost a year or two ago.

We are very interested to hear what you can find out.

Oh and pimp that girl of yours to have her make the money to buy another camera! LOL

bigdudepaul

LMFAO!

Yeah women :roll: anything more technical than a toaster or an iron and it all goes to pot! :lol: But hey you gotta love em! :p

I have emailed the UK dealer, so let's see what response we get. I'll give em a few days to get back to me then I'll hound em bigtime. They have a couple of kits on that TRC website, but the Tunemasters and Wuhrer ones look identical to the Pakfeifer and Savage kits of old and defo the best looking ones for sure. A big difference in price between the two as well. It's just a shame that it's all in German, but then hey WE won the war so I'll let em off I suppose! :lol: :shoots: :lol:

Shipping may be an issue but, they might be more receptive to shipping it to me as I'm nearer than you guys. But hey lets see if they can supply some first and having a few buyers always makes the price haggaling more fun! :D

Does the rest of your kit fit OK? There seems to be some issues with mine, as it needs some fiddling to get it right, hence the reason for selling it, plus the front lip of course! I also think that the Pakfeifer one is designed for the narrow body and not the super sexy wide body model like ours. But if I can get it all to fit I'll keep it and it would look the Mutts Nutts for sure!

I'll keep ya all posted, hopefully with some good news! :wink:

Paul 8)

AWDios

Paul,

If you can manage to see the kit in person that would be awesome for us over here. It's a little scary to have something shipped here and not know it's the right thing for sure.

Personally I know this is what I want my car to look like, so I'd even pay the shipping (when I have the money) in order to get it.

bigdudepaul

AWDios":2szzf93q said:
Paul,

If you can manage to see the kit in person that would be awesome for us over here. It's a little scary to have something shipped here and not know it's the right thing for sure.

Personally I know this is what I want my car to look like, so I'd even pay the shipping (when I have the money) in order to get it.

Hey Bud,

The UK supplier is 200+ miles away from me so that may be a prob. Also from past experience I have found that most suppliers have 1001 parts on their website and nothing on the shelf. Ergo they want your hard earned cash upfront before they place an order! :wink:

So let's see what they come back with first and then we'll go from there, but I certainly won't be parting with any of my hard earned cash, until I'm 100% sure it's the right one! :D

Cheers

Paul 8)

Toxygene

Well, good news and no news.

I finally got a response back from the Canadian Distributor for the Replica piece. So, for those of us that live in the North America region, we might have a viable option soon.

No news since he wanted my address first to be able to give me a quote on any of the pieces I had asked about. I was looking at some parts for our 2002 Celica GT as well.

I'll hopefully hear back before Fourth of July.... actually.. Canadians don't celebrate that do they???

chaos_cascade

Canadians don't celebrate that do they???

We celebrate Cinco de Mayo and St. Patricks day here in the states don't we? :D God knows there must be a pretty good fireworks show in detroit and buffalo for you guys to watch from the other side.

Toxygene

Ok, I've been getting a regular correspondence going with the guy in Canada that can import the TRC replica kit. That's the good news.

The bad news is somehow I think there is some kind of communication break down. I explained to him how I had problems with the Pakfeifer kit and was interested in the Wurher kit instead. Now he thinks I'm having some kind of problem with all the kits in general and he said he didn't want to try ordering it for me. Maybe, I need to send the letter in French to him???? He didn't seem to fully understand what I was saying and his responses back are little bit like broken english.

Help!!! Anyone speak french?? It seems he can get the kit and this is the only thing standing in our way.

Toxygene

OK latest update:

The last letter I received:
Ok Understood..

But keep in mind if it's the right product with part number and it does not fit your car, whatever the reason, we do not accept return.

This is final sale only.

There is big big chance Whurer and Pakfeifer are related.. as Carzone body kit and Carcept Tuning.. so it might be the same product.

Your price on that front spoiler is $490 US

and front blade is $340 us

I spoke to my boss regarding our next order with TRC, we place order with them every 6 months because on low demand and our last order arrived last month.

So it might take 4-5 months before seeing your parts

Import fee is still $200 and $100 to ship to calif

Let me know.. but you might look somewhere also to import this.. might be cheaper and faster

Sorry

Eric Belec
Onderground-design.com
450-667-3939

So I guess the only thing to keep in mind is that if i order this first to see if it works that then we will have to wait until they do their next order. Perhaps if I get my order from them in that six month time period, then maybe we can talk to them if I get the right piece about doing a group buy right afterwards.

What do you all think?

CMS-GT4

You may be better off finding a company that is willing to buy it, and make a mold for a group buy, then they sell it as their front lip.

Toxygene

We'd still need to get the right lip made into a replica. I did find one person/company from the Newcelica.org boards that does a fine job of replicating JDM body kits in Eurethane. I contacted them but never really got a response back.

Perhaps if I get this lip and see how it turns out... then we can get behind this all at once and use our buying power to have this made.

Toxygene

If you want I can take pictures with a ruler or measuring tape next to the lip I have. It's the Pakfeifer lip but not the one for the Alltrac. Still do you think it would help? At least until I order the other one from this Canadian store? Let me know.

monkracing29

yea that would help me out alot i know that hey are a little bit different but some of the dimensions wld be bout the same right??:shrug:

and when are u ordering the new one?? 8)

silence

Toxygene":20rh9k8m said:
If you want I can take pictures with a ruler or measuring tape next to the lip I have. It's the Pakfeifer lip but not the one for the Alltrac. Still do you think it would help? At least until I order the other one from this Canadian store? Let me know.

When you try to fit the lip on the alltrac bumper, what are the main differences? I'm guessing that because the alltrac fenders are wider, it is not wide enough, but because it is fiberglass, i imagine it can be massaged to fit.

CMS-GT4

I could only assume the other lip is this one.

I bet it could look good on the CS bumper molded like this. This being a widebody as well.

t18wekt1.jpg

Toxygene

silence":21hsrdg2 said:
Toxygene":21hsrdg2 said:

When you try to fit the lip on the alltrac bumper, what are the main differences? I'm guessing that because the alltrac fenders are wider, it is not wide enough, but because it is fiberglass, i imagine it can be massaged to fit.

The lip actually is the correct width. It fits onto my Celica GT-S which has wide-body fenders. The problem is in the depth from inside the fender where it attaches to the front of the bumper where it wraps over bottom of the grill. The GT-S grill I have on my car has that overbite look to it and when I have fitted the lip to my Alltrac it comes up short.

As to when I'll be picking up the lip. I do intend on ordering it. I have been saving my Alltrac funds though until I become employed again. So I have a nice little fund sitting there until my next job. It wouldn't be wise to spend it though until I feel secure in my next opportunity. The economy hit my last company very hard and they laid off 400 IT people nationwide.