It was a great morning!

Nitro_Alltrac

It has been a great morning. I have been off all week for the summer plant shutdown. This is my last free day as the wife is taking off tomorrow and we have plan together.

I got up and left the house about 9 this morning and spent the next three hours driving some really entertaining back roads. I put over a hundred and 120 miles this morning. The middle section of my run was over WV state road 34 from Winfield to Kenna. Some of the motorcycle sites list this on their great roads to run. I've seen it refered to on a couple of bike sites as the "Black Snake". It has a mix of elevation changes, fast sweepers, tight, twisty turns and quite a few S's. I got luck and was able run pretty much the entire 22 miles with NO traffic in front of me. I have to say that overall, I didn't hit much traffic at all this morning. The All Trac gods must have been smiling on me today.

All the roads I ran this morning were great and fit the turbo, all wheel drive profile really good. If any of you guys are ever interested, I can see about putting a little run together through the countryside around here. It's no Tail of the Dragon, but there are some pretty decent routes for spirited driving around here.

I hope the rest of you folks had half as much fun this morning as I did! :D

Terracar

Well, my morning wasn't quite that good, but I did get to drive my new Alltrac to work. :smokes:

I haven't had a chance to really stretch her legs yet as trying to get everything in order for camping trip this weekend and business trip to Chicago next week. That and the only time I got to take her on the back roads the girlfriend was with me (man the g/f is starting to become the "other woman" with my Alltrac and I :evil: ) so I couldn't push the 'trac through the curves like I would have liked to. :x

Oh well - still just happy I finally got mine!

-Terracar

Mafix

nice. i'll be going to a EP hatch drag meet in a couple weeks in mine. hopefully i have as much enjoyment as you just did.

i had fun today, but it was only because it was actually busy at work for once.... an i should have fun tomite!! thursty thursday n i got a plan myself... 8)

Nitro_Alltrac

wannabe toms racer":2i2lqtat said:
i had fun today, but it was only because it was actually busy at work for once.... an i should have fun tomite!! thursty thursday n i got a plan myself... 8)

Just don't have TOO much fun tonite and make it a %#@& Friday!

Have Fun!

darthripley

sounds like a blast Mike :)

i know we had a lot of fun doing a similar thing in Austin last weekend with the Tx 6gc.net guys.
it's always a great feeling to drive the alltrac in a place where it can really shine and show it's true heritage :D

we're going to do everything we can to make it out to the Dragon next year to meet up with you & the other guys.
we'd love to hit some lesser known roads too for some fun excursions 8)

Nitro_Alltrac

Hey Keri! I really hope you guys can make it. I had a really good time last year. We didn't get to do as much driving as we would have like due to some rain in the morning and the woman hitting GT4RCDude's car at a gas station, but what we did was a blast.

I only got to run part of it, but there are a couple of great roads on the NC side off of the Dragon. They aren't as twisty, but have really nice sweeping turns. I want to run the rest of it the next time I go down. You're also not too far from the Blue Ridge Parkway there. I have been on part of it years ago in Virginia. It is a beautiful drive as well. I have been meaning to take a few days and run the whole thing from Va. down into NC. We've have to do some extra planning if you guys are going to make it!