91 GT-FOUR RC vs 06 Subaru Impreza WRX

flipradio3

Background:

91 GT-FOUR RC: catbackexhaust, bov, filter

06 Subaru Impreza WRX: filter, stock

I always wonder how our cars will compete with the Subaru's. Stat wise, we look par. AWD, 5spd, turbo....

Rolling start in second gear....Subaru won...it was pulling harder than mine

0-120....Subaru won....by two cars.

It comes down to technology....17 years vs 2 years... i tried.... :shoots:

Corey

According to the stats i found, the 06 WRX is 3190 lbs with stock boost of 11.6 psi and 230bhp.

Other than it being lighter, id say they are pretty evenly matched. It would be interesting to see how the RC would compare with the same boost and 100-150 lbs knocked off.

Gary

flipradio3":2suwmk92 said:
It comes down to technology....17 years vs 2 years... i tried.... :shoots:

What technology?
15 years of technology difference?

06 WRX has 0.5L more displacement
It has more boost
It is lighter.
It has 2 year old turbo, engine, clutch, etc..

wizzards581

mine has a 3" full system and its boosting at 13psi without boost controller. do u have dp and mp? a bov will kill ur boost pickup on every gear... bypass it.

CSAlltrac

Ive got about 200 lbs removed from my car and full 3'' exhaust, front mount intercooler,HKS MBC set at about 1.0 bar,SAFC 2 puting a lil more fuel in, HKS cams, and a flashed ecu for a higher fuel cut only........now with all my stuff, when i mess with regular wrx's ill kill them, but the STI still proves to be a problem. :shoots: .........i will get them soon :evil:

Mafix

i have no issues with subbies. or mazdas, or nissans, ect. my issues start with vipers, z06's, srt8's (all stock of course)

Hotrodhendrix

Mafix":nywel0yv said:
i have no issues with subbies. or mazdas, or nissans, ect. my issues start with vipers, z06's, srt8's (all stock of course)

Sounds likes someone is proud of there work... I would do the same :p

Mafix

yes i'm proud of my work!
i'm building an alltrac right now. more for a handling car then a fast car.
and yes this is in my halftrac.