185 ABS REMOVAL**new pics**

2of81

This is a helpful subject, thanks for the info. I am going through with the swap, I ordered the lines through Toyota and was assembling last night and reliased I probablly need a different proportining valve.

One subject is in certain areas a salvage yard can't sell brake parts due to liabilty issues.

silence

2of81":1gz2w3bv said:
This is a helpful subject, thanks for the info. I am going through with the swap, I ordered the lines through Toyota and was assembling last night and reliased I probablly need a different proportining valve.

One subject is in certain areas a salvage yard can't sell brake parts due to liabilty issues.

you definitely need a new proportioning valve.....
I have driven the car, and can say it stops very well. with stock pads it feels comparable to my 165 with the porterfield R4S pads...

2of81

silence":3qpnhn85 said:
you definitely need a new proportioning valve.....

Got it, and all the brackets and clamps I could find, the ST at the salvage yard had the front completely cut off which made it so easy to grab. Overall I spent $20 on the valve and the T and all the lines but two, good deal considering the valve at toyota is $200 and the T is $20 and I got 90% of it for that.

silence

rightrac":13o0qhuc said:
either of you guys have a pic of the proportioning valve? i grabbed on off a camry and wanna compare
here is a closeup:
DSCF0033.jpg

rightrac

should be a piece of cake given you have the right line and fittings. Reason i went with oem lines is i want it to look oem.

Corey

I'd like to remove the ABS from my car. but, being rhd, i doubt those part numbers will work.

Im dropping my engine in 2 weeks or so, and would be great if i could do it then.

How tough is it to bend custom break line and to add the fittings? does toyota have straight lengths of oem pipe i could use?

Do you think the proportioning valve would be the same for RHD?

Also, do you still have those pics somewhere? id love to see whats involved

thanks

corey

turbo4wd

Corey Darling":1amylag9 said:
Also, do you still have those pics somewhere? id love to see whats involved

thanks

corey

Wow reviving a real old thread, but good point since this is in the FAQ / Archive section.

Carlos can you dig up the old pics you had up here originally and rehost those?

im also gettin sick of this abs system... its acting up and wanting to slide me sideways when i try to stop some times :shoots:
i wouldnt mind if i was TRYING to slide sideways, but its very annoying in traffic.... :roll:
not to mention unsafe...

shadowlife25

I have had issues with my Trac (that I have noticed) since the first time I drove it in the rain.
I think the ABS system in these things is just faulty after such a long time.

Now onto the question of whether there is an AllTrac (st185) axle that did NOT have ABS?