Trevor's 1/4 mile passes (new results on page 4)

Klas

Congrats! You my friend, you just got me inspired to finnish my project.
Looking forward to see just how fast your car really is. :shoots:

Trevor

Congrats, welcome to the "10sec Club"!

Looks like its gona be real fast...the launch is just real tricky with that much power. If you'd like I can scan & post up one of my 10 sec pass so you can compare.

Pat

tjdouble07

alltrac101":2rxh286k said:
Trevor

Congrats, welcome to the "10sec Club"!

Looks like its gona be real fast...the launch is just real tricky with that much power. If you'd like I can scan & post up one of my 10 sec pass so you can compare.

Pat

Thanks Pat!

Yeah, I have no clue how to launch my car. I'm thinkin of using a two step, but not sure of a good RPM to launch. I started setting it up, but didn't use it. I even have flat shift capability, but haven't set it up. Also, I have slicks, but at 25 psi and no burnout to warm them up, they were about useless... Any suggestions? Tire pressure? Good RPM to launch? I appriciate any advise you can give. I plan on takin her back out this Friday and seein if I can get a sub-10.5 pass in. Sucks I only got one run in last Friday...

Trevor

I havent used my 2 step or flat shift either, I just part throttle the rpm to 6K then floor it as I'm lifting the cluch (slipping it a little), getting between 1.656 & 1.95...most are 1.7 & between 110-114mph in the 1/8, this is on 17" road race Kumoh tire 235/40 @ 25 psi. Cant help you with the slicks question since the smalles wheel I can fit is 17" because of the big brakes :(...dont want to flat shift yet since I cant work on the car if it breaks.

Pat

lumbercis

tjdouble07":f6cgliv7 said:
Yeah, I have no clue how to launch my car. I'm thinkin of using a two step, but not sure of a good RPM to launch. I started setting it up, but didn't use it. I even have flat shift capability, but haven't set it up. Also, I have slicks, but at 25 psi and no burnout to warm them up, they were about useless... Any suggestions? Tire pressure? Good RPM to launch? I appriciate any advise you can give. I plan on takin her back out this Friday and seein if I can get a sub-10.5 pass in. Sucks I only got one run in last Friday...

The only reason I can think of not to use the two-step is that you may experience more parts breakage because you will be making so much more power off the line. I read in your other thread that you are still on all stock drivetrain parts. Unfortunately, no one has ever two-stepped this kind of power on an alltrac, so we don't know what the stock parts will put up with. But almost all serious turbo drag racers use a two-step. Otherwise you are giving up tons on your 60ft.

The easiest way for you to go faster with your current setup is to get some real drag wheels. You can either blow a lot of money on some bogart aluminum drag wheels or do what the Evo and DSM guys do and get some 15" Motegi Draglites or Rota Slipstreams. You might also consider going to a 26" slick.

The 26" slick should theoretically help with parts breakage if you decide to 2-step. The larger sidewall can cushion some of the shock. OTOH, you will be biting harder which may lead to more breakage. :shrug:

As far as suspension setup, from what I've read, you want to set it up like a FWD car, stiff in the rear and softer up front to dial out squat. Do some reading on the Evo or DSM forums for more info.

I'm afraid you are our guinea pig for most of this stuff. I think the best advice that I have heard is to not change a bunch of things at once, but change one thing at a time and see what makes you faster. If I was making changes I would get some dedicated drag wheels first, then dial in the suspension, then play with the 2-step.

Congratulations on the new record and good luck!!!

J.

Bimmer

congrat`s to 10`sec club. but could you post all mod`s in 1st massage. It`ll be great if Pat will do the same. 8)

tjdouble07

lumbercis":zjycehqk said:
The only reason I can think of not to use the two-step is that you may experience more parts breakage because you will be making so much more power off the line. I read in your other thread that you are still on all stock drivetrain parts. Unfortunately, no one has ever two-stepped this kind of power on an alltrac, so we don't know what the stock parts will put up with. But almost all serious turbo drag racers use a two-step. Otherwise you are giving up tons on your 60ft.

The easiest way for you to go faster with your current setup is to get some real drag wheels. You can either blow a lot of money on some bogart aluminum drag wheels or do what the Evo and DSM guys do and get some 15" Motegi Draglites or Rota Slipstreams. You might also consider going to a 26" slick.

The 26" slick should theoretically help with parts breakage if you decide to 2-step. The larger sidewall can cushion some of the shock. OTOH, you will be biting harder which may lead to more breakage. :shrug:

As far as suspension setup, from what I've read, you want to set it up like a FWD car, stiff in the rear and softer up front to dial out squat. Do some reading on the Evo or DSM forums for more info.

I'm afraid you are our guinea pig for most of this stuff. I think the best advice that I have heard is to not change a bunch of things at once, but change one thing at a time and see what makes you faster. If I was making changes I would get some dedicated drag wheels first, then dial in the suspension, then play with the 2-step.

Congratulations on the new record and good luck!!!

J.

Not sure how I missed this reply... Thanks for the advise!

I've just decided to drive the car to the track tomorrow, seems how I'm most likely only going to get one run, and with that being said, I think I'll just run my 205/40/17 h rated street tires at the track, instead of renting a trailer for the one run I'll get just to run some slicks that I only 60 footed a 1.85 with. I'll also hold off on the two step/flat shift until I have a few runs to dial them in.

Either way, in the near future I plan on doing some back to back runs with the slicks and two step to dial everything in. I'm going to take Pat's advise and slip the clutch out of the hole when I do finally use the two step, or I'm afraid the transfer case will not like it.

I also really need to work on my 1-2 shift. I think that cost me quite a bit of time on my first run.

However I do tomorrow night, I'll post results when I get home. It would be pretty cool to say I drove to the track, ran a 10.XX pass and drove home all on 205/40/17 h rated tires! :p

LegacyofDan

whats a 1-2 shift?
what do you guys mean two footed?

sorry for my ignorance in the terminology, i swear i'm no where as ignorant as i maybe seeming right now :)

turbo4wd

Meurz":uu1xw9zi said:
LegacyofDan":uu1xw9zi said:
whats a 1-2 shift?
A shift from 1st to 2nd gear?
Bingo.

As for Two-Step, or 2-Step.. here's how AEM describes it:

"The EMS gives you the ability to define a secondary rev-limiter, commonly called a 2-Step limiter (Full Throttle, Clutch In, you use both feet, 2 step, get it?). With a user defined RPM value and Cut %, you have the ability to tune your launch to suit the track conditions."