what faster??

kado1000

hey guys, I have a half trac, it a gt model. all I have is 3 in" pipe all the way down to the exhaust, 255 fuel pump, HKS bov, custom front mount intercooler and the gt celica weigh about 2400 Lb. There a guy that live in town, he have a alltrac, all wheel drive. he ask me for a challenge? at first I thought he was lying that his car was a 4 wheel drive, until I saw him took off. I thought he was pretty fast. I ask him what he have under the hood, and he told me, he have the same shit as me.. but his car weigh about 300 to 400 Lb heavery. Who will win guys? same car one is front wheel drive and the other one is all wheel with the same mods and weigh differents.. let me know if I stand a chance..

kado1000

are you sure about that, because if you guys are sure then I will bet money. I don't think I will win because mine is front wheel drive. I know that if we race, his car will jump out first and maybe it will kept that way all the way. have anyone race with one before? I'm not sure if 300 to 400 Lb will make a different......

88st165

well if you are really worried about winning then ask him to go from a roll. that will eliminate his "off the line" advantage.

Puffy

kado1000":1wv1jxlm said:
are you sure about that, because if you guys are sure then I will bet money.......

I know the guy that wants to race you... he is running 2 bottles of NOS and a motec exhaust so I would be careful betting any money.

kado1000

well his motor and mine are completly indentical, execpt for intercooling piping. everything looks the same. I have mine on 12 psi max, he wouldn't tell me how much psi he is running but I bet he wouldn't run more then 12 cause these motor are range around 6-12 max with stock internal.. any tip on helping my car run better and add more hp quick would be nice. I just talk to the guy and we are racing this sat. comming up. not a whole lot of time to get ready. any advice you guys would suggest would be helpful?

stevo27

Puffy":1a27mq8m said:
kado1000":1a27mq8m said:
are you sure about that, because if you guys are sure then I will bet money.......

I know the guy that wants to race you... he is running 2 bottles of NOS and a motec exhaust so I would be careful betting any money.

sorry but 2bottles of n2o means absolutly nothing i could have 12 10lb bottles and still only be running a 50 shot

op if your really worried pull everything out of thats easy to get at easy 150+lbs and go from a dig youll be close to 500lbs lighter
and i dont know about his alltrac weighing 2800lbs mine was over 3100lbs stock :shrug:

so lets say he's around 2900lbs your 2400lbs he's running a small shot and has some exhaust WOW!!!lol and has 300 hp at the flywheel your stock 220hp at the flywheel he has to pull around 9.6lbs with every hp you have to pull around 10.9lbs per hp yes your at a disadvantage

but tracs lose close to 36% of the power to the wheels an ff setup is around 18%

flywheel number mean shit all so he makes around 192awhp you make 181fwhp

so for every horse he puts to the ground he's gotta pull around 15lbs
you only have to pull 13lbs for every whp

really it's a drivers but bench racing is gay go out and have some fun

ps if he's got a decent shot of nitrous your toast torqe gains from nitrous are about 1.6:1 when compared to hp numbers

stevo27

bump your boost up to 15psi ( i never had a problem) gutt your cat if you still have it ,before the race put a bunch of ice on your intercooler , get rid of dead weight

passanger and rear seats spare tires tools jack anything else thats just siting in thier ie subwoffers amps cloth ect ect

at the launch dont get to excited and blow your tires off

lower your front tire pressures 8)

wizzards581

88st165":3q7w1qrz said:
well if you are really worried about winning then ask him to go from a roll. that will eliminate his "off the line" advantage.

thats how i race most people... they hate 4wds...

Mafix

you need to hit the scales.
i seriously doubt you weight under 2500lbs
i also doubt he is under 3000lbs
but mod for mod you'll win.

88st165

wizzards581":2iofwmt2 said:
88st165":2iofwmt2 said:

thats how i race most people... they hate 4wds...

haha same with me, but i do it b/c its easier on my clutch.

WarTowels

I personally feel that a rolling start is extremely lame.

Eleminating the advantage on one car, no longer validates the race.

To me, that's like turning down the boost- its no longer the same race.
Then all the other guy can say is that he beat 'your' handicapped car.

-Towels

LegacyofDan

took the words from my mouth towels...but then if u do still kick there ass from a roll...it makes it worth it all that much more lol

turbo4wd

Puffy":2n6o957e said:
kado1000":2n6o957e said:

Yeah I know that guy too, but sometimes he doesn't double clutch like he should..

LegacyofDan

turbo4wd":5u9csspw said:
Puffy":5u9csspw said:
kado1000":5u9csspw said:

Yeah I know that guy too, but sometimes he doesn't double clutch like he should..

does he granny shift too? prolly has 100 shot of NOS, he is prolly going to blow the welds on his intake as well :p

silence

LegacyofDan":1fgt00jq said:
turbo4wd":1fgt00jq said:
Puffy":1fgt00jq said:
kado1000":1fgt00jq said:

does he granny shift too? prolly has 100 shot of NOS, he is prolly going to blow the welds on his intake as well :p

hahahahaah!

i got one:

I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bullshit. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.

LegacyofDan

silence":1tvn1gm8 said:
LegacyofDan":1tvn1gm8 said:
turbo4wd":1tvn1gm8 said:
Puffy":1tvn1gm8 said:
kado1000":1tvn1gm8 said:

hahahahaah!

i got one:

I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bullshit. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.

hahahahahahhaha :rofl: ahh sigh...it was more of a comedy than actual action race flick lol

xkirex

TORETTO!! Swat came into my house, disrespected my whole family, because some one narc'ed me out!

I never narc'ed on no body!!!

lmfao we make fun of that movie ever day at work.