Megan Racing Coilovers - Installed and reviewed!

TimmyD

Aren't there already soft coil overs? If we are getting some better ones shouldn't they come with a race type spring for AutoX/Road race/Time Attack?

I would prefer that they come with a hard spring.

tissimo

935motorsports":32kgqd0h said:
I am thinking of doing a pre-order discount. What would be a good enough deal to make you want to order in advance, maybe $25 off?
free shipping is always good too :)

1chewabacha1

I believe in one of the earlier threads Robert did mention that around $900?? would be the price including shipping.

It'd probably have to be more than a $25 discount for me to pull away cash flow for an investment that would take an indefinite amount of time to reach me.

It'd really depend on the wait time for these things. If I have to wait for about 2 months, yeah I'd do the $25 deal.

If it's 6-8 months... well I'd be looking at $75+ which probably would cut a decent amount off of your profit margin.

935motorsports

A deposit is a little hard to work with unless it is a check. Running the credit card twice would be difficult. Then, the customer can still change his mind and get his money back via dispute.

So it would have to be a full purchase. I will have to make it enticing enough to get people interested.

The ETA is 3-4 weeks to ship.

TimmyD

3-4 weeks from now or once enough orders come in? Is $900 the approximate price that is expected? Have spring rates been selected?

935motorsports

The spring rates are the same ones that came on the prototype set. He said they were fine, so we went with it.

The price is $950 shipped. $900 shipped is the lowest allowed price that they can be sold for at a discount (to receive the warranty).

Speed Stick

935motorsports":17zv4664 said:

I thought it was included to Canada too. The website says its $25. Unless they have arrived already....

Or do I just select no shipping cost?

EDIT: And these are for sure capable of stock height. I don't want to have another lowered car.

silence

Turbo Lean":lcgp1wl1 said:
syko says":lcgp1wl1 said:
Hmm alright. By any chance; do you happen to know the spring rates?

8kg front, 4kg rear
Are you sure about these rates?

That is 450lb/in front and 225lb/in rear.

that sounds awfully soft for a performance based suspension upgrade.

camry90

silence":dk5o6yb7 said:
Turbo Lean":dk5o6yb7 said:
syko says":dk5o6yb7 said:
Hmm alright. By any chance; do you happen to know the spring rates?

8kg front, 4kg rear
Are you sure about these rates?

That is 450lb/in front and 225lb/in rear.

that sounds awfully soft for a performance based suspension upgrade.

that's the same as TEIN SS and it's double the srping rates of most aftermarket coil springs