spotted in socal

ummmiono

Bone stock white st165 bein driven by an older asian male seen on 101 north and the 405 north monday august 25th around 3 pm. Had some sort of small reddish sticker under wing on passenger side

ummmiono

Well I spotted a different white st165 with aftermarket wheels parked on rowena just before glendale blvd in silverlake a few days ago.

Toxygene

Wow.. that's a lot of sightings!

I rarely see another Alltrac in a few months to a years unless I'm at a car meet!

ummmiono

Yeah its wierd I've gone years with only ever seeing mine and lumbercis' tracs but lately they've been poppin up left and right, its good to see a trac on the road

lumbercis

You think sighting an alltrac is rare, this is even more rare: I was driving to work one morning on the 118E. As I'm driving, out of the corner of my left eye I can sense a car in the left lane sort of creeping up slowly. As we are parallel pacing each other I glance over and do a double take.. is that a hood scoop? I wrench my neck around and see two guys in a grey St185 grinning their heads off. I gave them a big grin and thumbs up and as I veer off to make my exit I think, "what are the odds of seeing two ST185s pacing each other on an LA freeway?"

J.

ummmiono

Wow I would have loved to have seen that. That's uber rare especially cuz u had a 93 right? I'm taking way to long to get mine running, damn my lack of being able to budget

lumbercis

It might have been even better than that. The car was an extremely clean grey car. This was just after Wolf sold his pristine 93, so grey being a pretty rare color, and extremely clean bodied ones being even more rare, it is possible that there were two '93s randomly pacing each other. Hows that for rare?? :D

J.

ummmiono

Wow! Everyone in socal needs to get their cars running and meet up, especially me. I've only ever driven my car twice and it was barely limping down the street, other than that I've never driven or ridden in a trac. Don't let them die!

Toxygene

ummmiono":2ic781u9 said:
Wow! Everyone in socal needs to get their cars running and meet up, especially me. I've only ever driven my car twice and it was barely limping down the street, other than that I've never driven or ridden in a trac. Don't let them die!

They'll never die... I love them too much. Plus I'm starting to envy the '86 ST165 guys as California is pulling the smog requirements for them soon if not already.

I'm pretty sure I read it on one of the government websites.

ummmiono

I thought the tracs weren't sold here til 88? Well I either have to wait til I save up money for the machine shop or wait til I get to my engine rebuilding/ machining class next spring. I think imma hit the 2 year mark before she's done

Toxygene

Actually, I goofed. You can import a JDM ST165 according to CARB and register it here. Smog is still set for 1976 and newer. Arg... I was hoping they would get around to changing the years but turns out Arnold signed off on a bill preventing that from happening.

xkirex

I just pay about 150 bucks every two years and the hookup gets my car smogged. C'mon now, whose St165 in cali is going to pass smog....seriously... XD

Toxygene

ummmiono":2gchv6jb said:
I don't own anything smog legal, but I'm mexican so I gots the hook ups haha.

HAha... I'm colombian ... the popo don't like me... I need some hook ups.... I want the GT turbos!

yellowtuner

ummmiono":czuwtv3r said:
TRYING NOT TO LET HER DIE!its too good of a car to let it go to waste! :smokes: