oil filter relocation kit?

alltracman78

Summit, NOPI, ect. All A and S family engines share thread size for the filter. You can get a cooler [rad part] from AutoZone or somewhere like that.

I have a oil filter relocation kit that will fit the 3S [I bought it for my GTS and never used it]. Not sure if the hoses will reach to where you want to put the filter, but that's the case with any kit. You can have it for $50 + shipping. Let me know if your interested in it.

maroon_185

I believe summit has a relocation kit that comes with a cooler, not sure if the kit will fit our engines but if it doesn't , summit should surely have a cooler for you.

sleeper

alltracman78":1kfb6i2b said:
Summit, NOPI, ect. All A and S family engines share thread size for the filter. You can get a cooler [rad part] from AutoZone or somewhere like that.

I have a oil filter relocation kit that will fit the 3S [I bought it for my GTS and never used it]. Not sure if the hoses will reach to where you want to put the filter, but that's the case with any kit. You can have it for $50 + shipping. Let me know if your interested in it.

u got PM

sardgt4

I have the summitracing oil relocator kit. I can vouch that it will work on our cars. It was $29.99 I believe plus shipping. However, I do not suggest you use the rubber hose that comes with it. I used that temporarily for testing after my motor rebuild for a few days 2 years ago and the rubber hose burst from the heat of the downpipe causing an oil fire. NOT fun to clean up all that powder. Don't forget you have to spend another $100-$200 or so on stainless steel hoses and fittings if you want to do it the right way. If you add that to your total Im not sure you would want to do all this. If you have the money to do it go for it. Not too much bang for the buck is all I can say. What made me do all this was my friend gave me his Earls oil cooler for free so I figured Id use it.

Good luck,

John 92 st185

sardgt4

Gary,

I actually just finished mine today. Had to buy a few more Earl's fittings. I mounted my oil cooler in behind that little opening on the drivers side under the signal light. I mounted the oil filter behind the oil cooler under my coolant resevoir. I think I raised my coolant bottle. The oil filter is sitting where the buldge of the bottle used to be. Hope this helps. If you want pictures give me ur email address and I will try to take some pics and send it to you.

John So 92 st185

sleeper

sardgt4":2oghwx60 said:
Gary,

I actually just finished mine today. Had to buy a few more Earl's fittings. I mounted my oil cooler in behind that little opening on the drivers side under the signal light. I mounted the oil filter behind the oil cooler under my coolant resevoir. I think I raised my coolant bottle. The oil filter is sitting where the buldge of the bottle used to be. Hope this helps. If you want pictures give me ur email address and I will try to take some pics and send it to you.

John So 92 st185

can i have a picture to??
aml15@netcom.no