GT Four RC Issues

Sal

My 92 RC has been doing some weird things lately.
For about a week now the back of my car seems to make a weird clunk noise whenever i go past 4k or hit boost (Running 8lbs stock). So i went to Toyota and got a guy to come in the car and see where the noise is coming from. I thought it was the Rear Diff cushion that needed to be changed but its fine. Anyway, the Toyota guy said that it was coming from the interior of the car or MAYBE it was the rattling of the Exhaust. It wasin't much help.
The car speeds up perfectly so performance is fine but its really annoying. I fill the RC with 94Premium Always too.
Im wondering if it has anything to do with the spark plugs?
If so, they would fit from a 92 All trac correct? Because I plan on ordering stock spark plugs.

Also, I was accelerating on the highway and my car started jerking after 3rd gear around 120. I went to fifth and it was ok. I gave her again and she started doing the same thing. What could it be? I have a BOV but its recirculated.
Any help would be appreciated thanks,

Sal

Sal

Spark plugs will be changed on friday. (They are under the WTA Intercooler right?)

As for the rattling, I thought it was the exaust. But I put it in neutral and revved it and it would make the noise after 4k. I think its an ignition problem. Hopefully it will all be solved on Friday.

snakeeater

Its pretty easy to tell if its from the engine or chassie (spelling?) spark plugs are the best place to start. If runs fine for a while after and then starts again Id say fuel pump.
Sal":8noo6avc said:
Spark plugs will be changed on friday. (They are under the WTA Intercooler right?).
no they are in the rear wheel well. :rofl: lol ok to be fair i was a newb once. look where the engine is and the spark plug wires

2of81

Might not be a bad idea to change your fuel filter if you are unsure of the last time it was changed. Also check all your clamps on the intercooler plumbing to make sure they are tight, inspect rubber throttle body for breakage and I would also look at the rubber from the AFM to the turbo inlet for holes.