My 91 Alltrac Vs 93 Hatch GSR Swap w/55 Shot

Wicked Toys

I have been at my current job going on 6 years now. And most of my co-workers are all Honda Power. So it's hard to get much love. Anyway for the past year or so the topic of a race has been occasionally discussed.

So my one co-worker with his recent tuned gsr swap wanted to just blow the doors off my alltrac. Of course I admitted that it would be a go-kart vs a tank but it's all good let's go. So the plan was tonight to leave work and go to the track and have a couple runs and settle this. However that didn't happen due to the track being closed for unknown reason.

But the race still had to happen so we set up on straight back road with a friend to line us up and drop his arms. And well even though I didn't win I earned alot of respect.

I slipped the clutch at 5,500 and had a great take off. Hit each gear shifting at 6,200. My co-worker and I were side by side with me in a slight lead till going into 4th which is when he sprayed his nitrous and pulled about 3 cars after 90mph. So for an AWD tank vs a fast go-kart that runs low 14's high 13's, I can't complain and again earned some respect.

Sorry for no vid, we didn't end up doing all this until 7pm and was too dark.

95CivicGSRSwapvs91CelicaGT4.jpg

88st165

The civic runs that time even when he sprays??? I would think a swapped hatch can do that n/a.

Good job regardless, even though I would have liked to hear it the other way around. Turn up the boost next time! 8)

Wicked Toys

RedCelicaTRD":2svsxx3m said:
If he waits til third gear to spray he is retarded. Good job though. Is his car stripped or full interior?

Gutted Interior said he'd been weighed at 2,280lbs with him in it. Carbon Fiber Hood along with other peices and lightweight wheels helped.

vip09":2svsxx3m said:
Not too bad!

You better bring your Alltrac to the dragon this year!

I wish I could but I really shouldn't be driving the car in the first place and unless I get the funds to fully fix the issue I'll be trac-less once again.

wizzards581":2svsxx3m said:
what were ur mods? j/w... its been fun lately running with hondas...

Me:

Straight Intake
50 Trim CT26
Mines ECU
2 1/4 Catless Turboback Exhaust
MBC set to 14psi

Him:

SRI
GSR Header
2.5 Exhaust
Type R Cams n Gears
Type R Intake Manifold
Aluminum Radiator
55 Shot
Tuned Skunk2 ECU

GSR.jpg

Definately was a good race and if he didn't spray I would have had him in 1/4 mile.

donteatbugs

at least i beat the honda i raced! i used to race against a buddy of mines civic si, 2000 model i think. i would always pull on him in the higher gears. i was on the ct26 with fmic back then though. now these swaps are no contest but i bet there engines are cheaper than my turbo kit...

Mafix

speaking of pointless races...
95 cobra mustang = cannon fodder

we started at about 45mph both in 3rd gear and i just finished prepping my car for a trip so my tires were at 36psi. he pulled 2 cars while i sat there spinning then i shot past like a rocket. oh well was good for 5 seconds of adrenalin.

wizzards581

donteatbugs":s3yq4tu8 said:
at least i beat the honda i raced! i used to race against a buddy of mines civic si, 2000 model i think. i would always pull on him in the higher gears. i was on the ct26 with fmic back then though. now these swaps are no contest but i bet there engines are cheaper than my turbo kit...

did he still have the B16A in there? those B16 are dirt slow unless they throw in camshafts for vtec to kick harder on top end... i ran a EG hatch w/ del sol B16A and its no fun after 1st pull...

darthripley

i'd like to have a go w/that EG in R2.
we had a little fun with one this summer w/a GSR swap & it was no competition. he didn't have spray but joe didn't even have to really try hard to wax him 8)

good job on getting some much deserved respect :)

vip09

Wicked Toys":23xyd6ls said:
I wish I could but I really shouldn't be driving the car in the first place and unless I get the funds to fully fix the issue I'll be trac-less once again.

What's wrong with your car man?

CSAlltrac

You may have lost but at least you have the sexier car by far..............and you cant find it on every road in america............ :wink:

darthripley

Sorry for the offtopic, but CSAlltrac - your signature is way too tall & big. Please resize it to be more the size of everyone else's.
Thanks so much! :)

Wicked Toys

vip09":2hrmtw3p said:
Wicked Toys":2hrmtw3p said:

What's wrong with your car man?

Well the previous owner loved the yearly PA Winters and my underside isn't the best looking. But the main issue is a 4 inch hole in the floor pan right around the passenger front sway bar. And my sway bar is just beating around on bumpy roads waiting to break.

So next year alot of underside work to repair before any new performance or other mods.

CSAlltrac":2hrmtw3p said:
You may have lost but at least you have the sexier car by far..............and you cant find it on every road in america............

Thanks, I love my car. The looks alone from people wether on the street or at an event makes my day.

concealer404

Sorry to dig up an old thread....

But that guy in the hondur needed some tuning.... that's a LOW 13s setup with a proper tune. Congrats on staying with him, though. :)

siralys

I agree, that honda seems a little slow. My freind is running mid 13's with a sohc vtec- supercharged. He upsets dohc swaps all the time, I wanna run him when I get some more maintenance done on my trac. My other freind has a similar setup to the one you raced- eg hatch with a gsr motor and some mods and he ran a 13.4 all motor.

Wicked Toys

I was expecting to lose. Just didn't think I'd keep it that close. And again if he didn't spray I would of had him.

He wants to race again soon. He said he'll have a better tune next time, so will see. I'll try to keep it in the daytime and get some video.

concealer404

Bumpy for related story....

I annihilated a 1999 Si w/ buddy club spec 4 cams and supporting valvetrain, intake, header, apexi ws2 exhaust, and a chipped obd1 ecu tuned.

I'm hoping the guy just couldn't drive, because i wasn't even spraying.... :shock:

Toys, are you bringing the Trac to the dragon this year? Please say yes.

Wicked Toys

I wish I could say yes, unless I come into some nice funds. It will be a No.

I'd fix the car if I wasn't house shopping. Problem is a lovely hole rusted out in the passenger floor area where the front sway bar mount is. Sway bar just beats against the car. So yeah eventually I'll get a new piece welded in but until then the Trac is on some downtime with a couple outtings this year.

Modded WRX to attack the dragon again this year.