Installing Day Time Running Lights

kuret

I need to register my car here in Canada, but they require day time running lights.
Does anybody know how to install day time running lights on a '92 gt4 (JDM)?

Thanks

Corey

I didn't have to do this to my car (pre-December 1989). But i helped my friend do it on his FD.

He simply bought a DRL module from Canadian Tire. It came with instructions needed to install.

Took no more than a couple hours.

Sry i can't be more specific. Likey, you will be wiring the module into the Left and Right Clear Corner Lenses.

~CDUB~

Really you don't even need the module. I've seen people just hook up their parking lights straight to a 12v switched (like the one used to turn on your stereo)

Also, I did have a friend who used his foglights as his drl and passed his out of province(oop) inspection with it.(through the module so his foglights where basically always on whenever the key was in the ignition)

really the only thing the module will do is when the ebrake is engaged it will kill the drl(which is sometimes handy if your a stoner....) the modules are cheap 40$ and are very straight forward needing to be hooked up to 12v switched, ground, and tied in with the ebrake.

some vehicles are a bit more complex but for once we luck out and get away with something easy.

kuret

thanks for the info i think i will buy a drl module (seems like it would be easier this way) and try to do it this weekend ...
I'll keep you guys posted....
if you guys have the wiring connections and the locations of the wires I need to connect to the module that would be of great help...If not I just hope the instructions that come with the module give a good clues where to look for them :shock:

kuret

alright good news!..
I did the drl without the module...way easier..
and success!! it passed the out of province inspection!!
this car is ready to roll
it has license plates and everything...
i just need to change the tension pulley seems to be shredding my serpentine belt...

one more thing...does anybody know what is the size of the screws for the license plate?
because it is a japanese car the standard screw seems too big

thanks
cheers