Stinger EMS????

[YOTAwd]Bboy

Wuts up AT.net

Just wondering if anyone has know anything about the Stinger EMS. Its a stand alone and the previous owner had it put in when he swapped the engine with a 3rd gen 3S. The car was a mess when I bought it and I'm working on cleaning it up and rearranging spiderwebs of wires.

I'm not even sure if its tuned correctly.

Any advice and/or knowledge is much appreciated!

THANX :D

ST185pinjo

I have heard about it. I also looked it up on the internet.
A quy I know mentioned this as his next EMS.

I have no knowledge of this partiqular EMS or how it works sorry.

Don't drive it without wideband please.

Good luck.

[YOTAwd]Bboy

yea I just discovered that the o2 sensor is not programmed into it.

I bought a new one and installed it, then I found the diagram for the ems that the mechanic used and the wideband was crossed out.

I'm thinking it may be more proficient going stock or a new EMS, unless I find a shop that is knowledgable in its system

tw2

Have a good look at their website for a manual. Otherwise find out which series you have and ask them for one. They are fairly popular in other parts of the world so the info is there.... somewhere. They have a few base maps on their site also if you are still on stock fuel.

GT4times2

I have one, the Stinger 4424 model. Not installed yet, so I cant give you the full rundown on my experience. Some colleagues have them on their cars, and love them. It's similar to a Haltech and Microtech, just a bit cheaper in price. A really good unit if you ask me. I see them used in daily driven cars to track raced cars down here. No major issues. No single unit is failproof (not even Motec), but it's a solid system. It's a bang for your buck unit if you ask me (plenty of good features). Just make sure you have local support. They also have a forum and site. There is not much activity on the forum though.

[YOTAwd]Bboy

Thanx for the input ppl

So I've decided to stick with it for now.
My car has been at the shop getting the engine built and now its time to tune but they'retelling me that the ems requires a pass code, like a 4 digit number.

He's tried many different combinations. Has anyone else had this problem. I can't get in touch with the guy I bought the car from cause its been a while. Any suggestions?

THANX!