T-VIS controller

Simba

It's just a glorified RPM switch. All you need is a MSD or similar RPM switch and a relay, and you can make TVIS do whatever you want. If you want to get fancy and add a second axis of tuning to the system, you can also add a vacuum/pressure switch.

siralys

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...06.m7&_trkparms=algo=LVI&its=K%2BD&otn=1&ps=5

So I was looking at this. Would I still need a relay? This is kind of what I'm looking for, i can set it to say 3200 rpm and have tvis open the butterflies at 3.2k and stay closed under that. The other question I have is about the pressure/ vaccuum switch, what would that do for me in addition to the rpm switch? I'm in school to be a technician and had some electrical classes so I'm not really scared of this stuff just want to get the right idea before I go about it wrong. Thanks for the help!

built2run

when my st165 was stock other than the constant run and 14 psi, i could feel it open at 4300 or 4600 something like that so i'd agree with the pressure switch or just deleting it

siralys

I'm probably going to delete it. I'm buying another manifold to do some tests with. In one lab at my school we have a flow bench so I'm going to do 3 seperate readings. One will be with butterfly valves closed, 2 will be with butterflies open to show tvis activated and then the 3rd will be with the butterflies and bars removed to see how much restriction is there with the valves and the bars even when they are open. I don't have the class yet so I either have to talk to the instructor and get him to do it for me or wait till I have the class. I'll open another thread for that when the time comes, I'll keep everyone posted.

cozmic512

Does the t-vis activate on both a solenoid and vacuum on the factory ecu?
I am wondering if you can control it from an ems.
just have the ems activate the solenoid at rpm etc...

I think the only gains you will see from gutting the butterfly's will be over 3-3500 rpm. I wonder on a basically stock motor if the tq loss would be that noticeable.

Rpz123isme

gt4tified":3p5kw52n said:
celicaGTS_T":3p5kw52n said:
yea, a buddy of mine picked up the controller from apampe.... a lil low-budget for me.

Wow....big spenders afoot in times of recession! :twisted:

he didnt mean he is ballin, he ment it was a peice of crap. i had to open it and redo every solder connection. it didnt even turn on when i got it. and the built in relay does not have anough power to activate the vacuum valve. so i needed a better relay.........................btw it is huge as hell. like the size of an old ps2.

zf_165_gt

sorry to resurect the thread,
my solution is simple, pressure switch and relay as an inverter, so when boost come on the tvis is in the open butterfly mode,otherwise it is in closed butterfly mode

underscore

Couldn't you just use a VTEC controller? My plan is to do what the Honda guys do, open the TVIS and do a dyno pull, close the TVIS and do a dyno pull, and where the two curves cross is where I'll set it to activate.