Sandblast Rally - 2009 - SC - 2 ST165s (incar vid and pics)

WideFNopen

Here comes Sandblast again!

I was suprised to see that another Alltrac will be competing this year! Does anyone know if he is on alltrac.net?

"14 0 (SS) Super Stock Alfonso Lopez / Nick Martinez Toyota Celica All Trac"

I'm going to be running an in car camera for the first time so if all goes as planned we will have video of all stages.

WideFNopen

Update:

Cage is almost done being fitted with new door bars, belt bar, and a few more gussets.

The DMS has been raised back to gravel height

Rally tires go on after test and tune is complete.

Almost ready for Sandblast!

WideFNopen

Rally car is ready to go so we will do a final test and tune tonight and put it
in the trailer tommorrow.

Oh yeah, its suppposed to snow tonight :D

WideFNopen

I forgot to mention that Alfonso's 165 was super nice and was set up the same as mine used to be before I moved to "open class". His was also a Union 7 build.

He ended up DNF due to an overheating issue. He lives in FL but I do not think he has joined alltrac.net although I would not be suprised at all if he pops up pretty soon.

Ps I should have some more incar pretty soon after next weeks test and tune on some gravel.

maxxhavoc

WideFNopen":l1q2oxuo said:
Well, I ended up having to withdraw due to electrical problems (air meter wires I think).

My crew stayed up all night while I slept trying to get us rallying but it just was not meant to be. Special thanks to Mark "stealthgtfour" for helping my guys out.

The car ran great during the shakedown, besides me missing second :twisted: here is the onboard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Dvr7PUW0KQ&feature=channel_page

I was wondering what happened to you guys. Didn't see you at all after shakedown. Considering I was working SS2, I figured it had to be bad. Sorry you didn't get to run, but glad that it doesn't sound catastrophic and permanent.

See you at RWV if you are there!

WideFNopen

Here are some pics I found:

IMG_9721.jpg

IMG_9722.jpg

IMG_9723.jpg

IMG_9724.jpg

IMG_9725.jpg

IMG_9726.jpg

IMG_9727.jpg

IMG_9728.jpg

IMG_9729.jpg

IMG_9730.jpg

klue

sick video, but the red one gets +1 for the roof scoop ahah

sick rally car, can we get some pics of the intrerior set up :)

LegacyofDan

you are one lucky dude! i would kill to rally like that... :shock:

love the pics and vids bro!

btw thanks for the comment on my vid :)

Mafix

jesus how rfeaking fast are you going? nuts man. love the boost gauge placement i can see when you let off the gas (which isn't much at all). were you full boost in 4th most of the time?

WideFNopen

Haha, we hit about 95 on that section but we would have been much faster if the road were not so rutted out. I shift into 4th around 70 for reference.

4th gear most deff has the best boost, besides 5th. The boost guage on the left is rotated so that it reads 20psi at 12 o'clock.