side moulding

93cc

My Alltrac is getting some body work and repainted right now and I have been debating if I want to replace the door moulding or not. If I decide to replace them, does anyone know the part numbers?

Edit: I think I found it... 75731-20551-01

deecee

Personally I think that the side moulding should be there.
The celica body shape is very flat on the sides, so a line has to be there to provide some sort of form unless the line is lower with side skirts, be it colour coded or a different colour.

There is the slight lower body line, but that is rather too subtle in my eyes
The st205 pulls it off as it has a firmer body line from factory

IMGP0501.jpg

vadarjul07-10.jpg

vadarjul07-10_2.jpg

Presure294GTT.jpg

3DZ

93cc i still have the side mouldings in good condition laying round the house. if you find your way going to las vegas you can pick them up.

as for the side moulding the upper half of the car is more prone to dirt and scratches from dirt getting kicked up by the tires. its also a good reson to park farther away to avoid door dings. but the car looks so much smoother.

TomsGT4

I'm left mine on, but stripped off all of that "textured" paint below the trim piece.
IMHO it looks MUCH better when the paint above and below match.

I don't think the car looks quite right with my "4WD Turbo" decal right above if it were not there.
Another thing I noticed is that the lines better accentuates the "slope" of the car with it on, which I really like.

pero

I shaved my molding and I think it looks far better this way. Here's a recent pic (pardon my bike in the way).

Attachments

• vehicles 004.jpg
    vehicles 004.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 27

CMS-GT4

We all so much alltrac nerds, that I doubt any of noticed the lambo in the pic. All we saw was the alltracs. :lol: I had seen this thread 100 times, and this the first time I even noticed a lambo.