Sonic meet: part deux?

mx6er2587

This is the information floating around the interwebs right now. We'd be small compared to most of the groups there but I think it would still be a lot of fun

That's right folks! Its time to announce this years Sonic meet. This has been going strong for 2 years and has generated endless hype and fun. We want to continue that success into this year's event! We are expecting well over 500 people to show up from over 50 different forums and clubs to caravan from all over the northeast and decend onto Sonic on April 11th, 2009! In the past, people have caravaned from Chester county, bucks county, montgomery county, Philly, New Jersey, Lancaster county, Reading area, York area and some have even come from farther away than that!
Whats new this year? We have relocated to the Morgantown, PA Sonic Drive-in. After overrunning Ephrata 2 years in a row it was clear that space had become an issue. Morgantown has a lot more of that to offer and should result in much better parking situation. Sonic and the local authorities have been made aware of this so please be on your best behavior and such. We want to continue to represent ourselves well and keep this event going!

When: Saturday April 11th, 2009
Rain/Snow Date: April 18th, 2009
Time: Noon at Sonic
What: Meet and Cruise to Sonic Drive In in MORGANTOWN, PA
Address:
850 CROSSINGS BOULEVARD
MORGANTOWN, PA 19520

MAP:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&sour...0&z=14&iwloc=A

If enough interest is generated from the high end car groups, we will arrange for VIP parking so that your vehicle can be kept right where you want it. Please contact SonicMeet@gmail.com with inquiries about that and with any other questions!

mx6er2587

I know hence the part 2. This meet is supposed to be huge and includes all sorts of different car clubs. I think if we could get at least as many as there were for the last meet we could make a nice splash and draw a good bit of attention.

LegacyofDan

haha yeah. that would be effing sweet, i'm down, and i maybe able to bring two alltracs :p

you in mike? you going change your wheel bearings a head of time?:p

anyone else?

mx6er2587

haha, actually I'm going to have to be careful to plan around this meet. The trac is scheduled to have her heart (motor) ripped out sometime in the early spring so I can replace the transmission and figure out where my oil leak is. I'll either have to make sure its done in time for the meet or wait until after to pull it.

Good news on that front is we just got my buddies nova running last night so I at least have garage space now. :)

LegacyofDan

ah thats good, having a garage is always nice, alot better than laying on ice :doh:

but yeah if u need help, i can prolly take a train up there, and stay for like a weekend, just give me a roof over my head, i will gladly try my best to help :), granted you know far more than i, but i figure an extra hand cant hurt :)

LegacyofDan

just as a point of clarification,

Hey man,

No need to register or anything, just show up and have a good time :) If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

- Sonic Meet Crew

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 11:16 AM, <EDITED OUT> wrote:

Hello,

I came across this thread at my forum:

http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php ... highlight=

We too have also had local meets at Sonic in Morgantown, I was wondering if we(the community of Alltrac.net) need to register or anything of that sort before we appear April 11th?

I know that I'm very interested in showing up since I was the individual who organized the last North East meet for Alltrac's:

http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=30465

if you take a look at page seven you can see the turn out we had. Though our turn out was not huge, there is not many of our car's around to begin with.

But with that said hopefully there will be space for us too join in on the fun. I look forward to hearing back from you guys.

-Dan

MR2 doesnt come out of hibernation until may at the earliest
Blue alltrac wont be ready either (I think I am not taking it
to a meet until it gets dents out and repainted) .....

esracing

i thought you were parting the car out and giving up.
make your mind up tim ,just take the car to the meet !!!!!

no more excuses :p

gt4play

BoostedBlueToyotas":2z9w5w99 said:
maybe I will part the blue car out
maybe I will sell the blue 93
maybe I will buy the black 92 from chris

:twisted:

Ugh, WHY does this site sometimes redirect me to the main page whenever I want to Quote somebody? Flaky.

ANYWAY, Tim...I dunno who's more whacked out...you or Avi for suggesting I might give the 92 away for free.......

Wicked Toys

You guys are hilarious. :p

As for this meet, it's close to when I go to TN/NC for the Dragon so will see. Plus if I do come it'd be in my WRX, since my trac is on some long downtime.

LegacyofDan

Side note for me atleast, i'm def going atleast the April 11th date, but not the rain date, since i'm def going to be going to that dragon meet the 17th, that is if my alltrac is up for it :roll: ....moody lil bitch ugh...anyway then i'm then going to the college show on the 22nd at Millersville University(my old college)...you need a school ID or pay to get in, and since i got my old ID i will get in for free hehe...they typically have a real good turn out, some rice but some REALLY nice cars too(lambo's Ferrari's lotuses)

haha so thats three meets/shows for me in one month heh :p

Wicked Toys

Hey Dan, As the Dragon meet gets closer if you want we can discuss meeting up and going down all to together with my friend in his 240. PM me sometime.

LegacyofDan

hey kevin i'm bailling on dragon, since i dont think my trac can make that hike of a trip :(

but luckily the sonic meet i can make, its not even 8 miles from my trac :)

i got this email just a second ago:

Hey Everyone,

It is my pleasure to announce that the 09 Sonic Meet is still on for Saturday, April 11th at Noon in Morgantown, PA. There have been a lot of questions floating around pertaining to whether or not this meet is going to happen because of the weather. Reports are showing that the rain will only come in the morning and should be out of the are between 10am and Noon. That should leave us with a day that only gets better as it goes on. So, with that being said, PLEASE pass on the word that this is DEFINITELY still on. I am going to be posting on all the forums I have access to but I encourage each of you to post on your respective forums to make sure everyone knows. Also, PLEASE remember to bring some canned food for our food drive! We are really hoping to surprise the local charity with an enormous amount of canned goods. This meet wouldn't a sucess without all the attendees so I'll be happy to see you all there!

- Jon

PS. The usual rules/advice applies. NO Douchebaggery, NO burnouts, NO insanely loud music, NO Revving, etc. The local and state police have been made aware of this event by the organizers so they will be watching.