making skid plates

cmonteiro1

I can't eff'n win. If I don't put my mods everyone kicks and screams like little girls and tells me to put my mods in my signature. I didn't have anything on there for the longest time b/c I didn't like the way it looked. Got sick of all you "Alltrac Gods" looking down on me because my mod list wasn't there for the world to see.

I agree its stupid.

WarTowels

...?

Almost no one lists their mods in their siggy, and if they do, they do it on one line, not one on each line.

Get a My Project Alltrac page for mod listing. :D

-Towels

cmonteiro1

I mean really... look at my mods list... nothing impressive about it which is why I don't have a project page. Anyway, I will heed the advice of the all mighty alltrac gods (How does someone become an alltrac god anyway.)

So about those skid plates. I really need some more items to my mods list.

WideFNopen

^^Do you also wash your hands every three minutes or are your OCD symtoms mostly limited to making you act like a jerk?

cmonteiro1

Wideopen - you're completely misinterpretting my posts. I was by no means being a jerk, instead I was messing around with WarTowels, who has provided insight on several of my issues over the last 8 or so years that I've had my alltrac.

So much is lost in translation during forum banter.

WideFNopen

I was talking to Towels lol but we posted at almost the same time.

Ok, I'm going to try and stop being a jerk too and post up some pics of my skid plates. I just forgot about this thread so sorry if I put anyone out for to long. Heading up to the shop.

LegacyofDan

WideFNopen":3cagmis1 said:
I was talking to Towels lol but we posted at almost the same time.

Ok, I'm going to try and stop being a jerk too and post up some pics of my skid plates. I just forgot about this thread so sorry if I put anyone out for to long. Heading up to the shop.

did u make them on your own? if so would u make more and sell?!?! i would buy two sets defendant on price! i have a huge desire for such!

WarTowels

WideFNopen":vnydr7i9 said:
^^Do you also wash your hands every three minutes or are your OCD symptoms* mostly limited to making you act like a jerk?

Honestly? Enough with the personal attacks.

I simply asked cmonteiro1 to shorten up his siggy if possible, I didn't insult him, or you.. You were not even remotely involved, and you turned a simple request into name calling, again.

/My involvement here.

-Towels

txironhead

Hmm.....how about the best of both worlds, the durability of stainless with close to the weight of aluminum......make the plates out of regular steel, maybe a hair thicker than you were going with the stainless, and then the customer can paint or powdercoat as wanted. Personally, I'd get regular steel and POR-15 it. That stuff is nearly bulletproof. The only drawback is that it doesn't stand up well to lots of direct sun exposure, but as a skidplate that's not a problem.

Not to mention steel is a LOT cheaper than stainless or aluminum.

WideFNopen

Here are a few pics of the front plate on my car:

skid.jpg

skid2.jpg

skid3.jpg

I'll post up pics of the mounting points and the rear plates later.

WideFNopen

LegacyofDan":29wwpcix said:
did u make them on your own? if so would u make more and sell?!?! i would buy two sets defendant on price! i have a huge desire for such!

I did not make them, they were made a long long time ago when the car was new.

If you want to give making them yourself a shot then I could pull some measurements for you, or anyone else, including Towels :)