ST185/ST205 Swaybar in a ST165

Celica Turbo

Hello Guys

nothing found with "Search"

Are the swaybars from the ST165 and ST185 interchangeable?

Has anyone an idea or tested on theyre car?

thanks

Celica Turbo

gpmarzan

Celica Turbo":2img1ft9 said:
Hello Guys

nothing found with "Search"

Are the swaybars from the ST165 and ST185 interchangeable?

Has anyone an idea or tested on theyre car?

thanks

Celica Turbo

Im pretty sure the rears are different, but im not sure about the fronts

WideFNopen

gpmarzan":t3h0uy1k said:
Im pretty sure the rears are different, but im not sure about the fronts

If that's the case then I am about to have a Whiteline st185 rear bar for sale....

Can anyone confirm that they are not interchangable?

darthripley

WideFNopen":2a4wtpgk said:
If that's the case then I am about to have a Whiteline st185 rear bar for sale....

i'm interested in buying if you're selling that whiteline 185 rear sway bar - PM me :D

Celica Turbo

Gary ST165":27kdi9mc said:
i can confirm that whiteline st165 rear arb is unique and not interchangeable with st185/st205.

Hello

Here a picture from a ST205 (same ST185) swaybar

009.jpg

And here an ST165 sway bar

165_rear_arb.jpg

They are not the same but i think we can fit a ST205 swaybar in an ST165?

GTFOURS.co.uk says the rear suspension setup is similar from ST165, ST185 and ST205

What do you think?

The rear axle is same on the GTFOURs too..

Celica Turbo

Gary ST165

I personally have NOT tried the ST185/ST205 ARB for fitting.
I bought a replacement ST165 whiteline ARB. ( not yet fitted)

here are some pics that may or may not help you work out if the ST185 / ST205 ARB fits a UK ST165 with ABS.

WideFNopen

darthripley":3fp818nw said:
WideFNopen":3fp818nw said:

i'm interested in buying if you're selling that whiteline 185 rear sway bar - PM me :D

I am going to try fitting it into my 165 (non abs) this weekend and if it does not work then I will give you 1st dibs on it darthripley. I will let everyone know how it turns out.

Celica Turbo

WideFNopen":1itv9ewi said:
darthripley":1itv9ewi said:
WideFNopen":1itv9ewi said:

I am going to try fitting it into my 165 (non abs) this weekend and if it does not work then I will give you 1st dibs on it darthripley. I will let everyone know how it turns out.

any update?

best regards

Celica Turbo

WideFNopen

Sorry guys, I did not get a chance to mess with it this weekend. I should get it done this week. I will be sure to post up as soon as I figure it out what the deal is.

935motorsports

Long ago I tried to put an st185 whiteline swaybar on an st165. As you can see the st165 swaybar has a hump in it, to clear the body.

Now that whiteline makes an st165 swaybar, it is no longer an issue.

syko says

Celica Turbo":o5z3gd5i said:
Here a picture from a ST205 (same ST185) swaybar

009.jpg

Arise old thread!! :evil:

Is this fact? This is the only thread that I have found to say that the st205 rsb is the same as the st185 one.

Gary ST165

Fact:
we have ran several group buys on gt4oc and ordered maybe 80 units in total. I confirm that the st185 and st205 share the same whiteline part # for the adj arb ;)

just fitted one fitted to my RC :D

:thumbsup:

935motorsports

I tried this in the early years of alltrac.net ~2000 when the forum was just a website.

The whiteline st185 bar looked like it would fit at first glance. However, there is a hump on the body that the st185 bar hits. You can see the st165 bar has room to clear the hump on it.

IF you had a project race car or something, maybe you could hammer down or cut away this hump and MAYBE the st185 bar would fit then.

The ABS unit is under the rear seat and this is why there is a hump sticking out in the body.

bmt

Arise old thread!!

Since we have established that St205 arb/ swaybars fit in St185. Will they fit in a St165 if it doesnt have abs?

bmt

Just a heads up guys. Tonight I fitted a St185/St205, (Same part number, BTR29Z), Whiteline rear bar into my St165. As it doesn't have the ABS bulge on the floor it fitted perfect. Hope this helps!!!!

bmt

I would think so as it has an extra dip to clear the abs hump on a St165 but on a St185 , St205 there isnt a hump to hit. Honestly unless you get it for free I dont know why you'd bother though....