Koni shox for ST185

camry90

i got a part number for the rear, Koni 8641-1212... i know someone that used it with a ST184 rear casing... but can that shock fit in the 185 rear casing?

madman

I am not sure if the regular Celica rear strut inserts will fit or not, but after researching for a while, I ordered the Subaru Legacy/Impreza front strut inserts (part #8610-1318) for the rears that I will be doing in a couple of weeks. I am pretty sure that they will fit, and they do not require any welding.

camry90

madman":3or652da said:
I am not sure if the regular Celica rear strut inserts will fit or not, but after researching for a while, I ordered the Subaru Legacy/Impreza front strut inserts (part #8610-1318) for the rears that I will be doing in a couple of weeks. I am pretty sure that they will fit, and they do not require any welding.
nice, please let me know :D
ps. where did you get your source from?

wyomingtoy

Thnaks Madman. I couldn't remember which went where. The 1318's were from the rear. I did not know that they were for an Subaru. They will fit and will go on a ST185 w/o any welding. Just drill the bottom of the old strut. The bottom of the new insert has a bolt welded to it that will fit through the drilled hole and retained with a nut. It is a hand press fit, with a rubber collar to seal between the top of the old strut and the body of the insert.

camry90

wyomingtoy":xuhd8me0 said:
Thnaks Madman. I couldn't remember which went where. The 1318's were from the rear. I did not know that they were for an Subaru. They will fit and will go on a ST185 w/o any welding. Just drill the bottom of the old strut. The bottom of the new insert has a bolt welded to it that will fit through the drilled hole and retained with a nut. It is a hand press fit, with a rubber collar to seal between the top of the old strut and the body of the insert.

great! thanks guys

celica_gtx

how do you like the ride with this setup, im looking to do the same.
and how much did you lower the car before the ride became harsh.